What's new

CLICKING CLUTCH PEDAL

ANXIETY

Members
Reaction score
Car
HONDA ACCORD TYPE S
I know this issue has been done and dusted in this site with great help which I have followed but just a heads up of an oddity which happened to me yesterday.
My clutch pedal was forever clicking and groaning since I bought the car and because of this I found this helpful site. I followed the instructions and advice on lubing the clutch master cylinder and it worked for some time and then the clicking came back. I could have lubed it again but I decided to live with it.
Another problem with the clutch has come up, when selecting gears it felt as if the clutch was not disengaging properly and the gears were hard and crunched at times and this was getting worse by the day. I started with the easiest first and bled the hyd system. It felt better for the first day but it did not solve the problem so I thought I'd change the master cylinder, its noisy anyway if it doesn't fix it at least it will be quieter, so when I go to change the master cylinder I find that one of the nuts is nearly all the way off, so I guess the culprit of the clutch problem and clicking clutch pedal has been a loose nut after all.

Sumary: Check your CMC nuts if you have a clicking clutch pedal

Thanks for the heads up this will be very usefull to our members

No problem mate, anything to help the guys here. I wish to contribute more though.
Theres fantastic info and advice here and its good to give back :)

My clutch pedal creaks, any way you would have a guide on where this is located etc.? Cheers

Yes this is really good info, do you have a pick of where we need to look/start?

On my car it will probably look slightly diferent to yours as it is a left hand drive but it is the components should be the same. If you look under the drivers foot well look for the clutch pedal bracket. The bracket is held by three 12mm nuts. One is right at the top and the other two are, where you see a plunger which goes into the fire wall- that is the master cylinder, is is on either side of it. These two hold the bracket and the master cylinder to the fire wall.

Sorry to ask mate but any way you could take a pic or two? Don't wanna start taking stuff apart unless im sure its the right part lol.

So did you tighten the nut first and then try it, before changing your master cylinder??

Mr Honda said:
So did you tighten the nut first and then try it, before changing your master cylinder??
No, I had already bought a new master cylinder so I might aswell change it. I still havnt fitted the new one yet, I only took the old one off but as I'm still sorting out my problem with my ABS waiting for another unit I've left the honda to a side and sorting my 4x4 out which I've got to put back together. It's cambelt broke and brought some problems on the way.
I'll post some pics as to where the clutch master cylinder sits.

Ok, so did retightening the nut solve the clutch noise problem or not??

Mr Honda said:
Ok, so did retightening the nut solve the clutch noise problem or not??
I still have not fitted the new one. I did not bother to tighten the old one as I was replacing the whole CMC.
In my case I would think it would have solved the problem as it would stiffen the flexing of the bracket which made most of the noise but the CMC was shot anyway as it was affecting clutch operation.