What's new

Clutch bleed

chew

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda accord tourer
Having some clutch issues on my 2005 ictdi it isn't slipping. My biting point is all over the place and it's dragging and or stiff. I'm going to try bleeding it and replacing the fluid but not sure where the nipple is and how to get to it, can someone with previous experience of this nipple point me in the right direction so I can put my pipe over it. thanks.....

Nipple will be on the clutch master cylinder. Try for a bleed first, it wont hurt. It could be the clutch master cylinder it self thats starting to go bad.

They tend to go in the cold weather. If you pump the clutch pedal for 10 secs before setting off, does that make it better? If so its likely to be the clutch master cylinder on its way out.

Thanks my friend. The problem is coming and going at the minute. I'll try pumping it before I set off and I'll get some dot 4 and try bleeding it at the weekend if I'm not working.

If its 2005 7th gen is the bleed nipple not on the slave front right hand side of the engine type in typeaccord clutch bleed in Google there's a good walk through also check lings honda lots of digrams of parts on there it helps

Fair point Ian, didnt look what gen Accord he had. Well either way, above still counts, just stick a bleed bottle/pipe & valve on there then you can bleed.

Easy done this place is a great source of info I can see from your contant you have Some nice accords and a lot of knowledge Marcus

I've been trying to bleed my clutch for about 10 months.each time the symptoms you've described would re-occur.I just thought I didn't bleed it properly and would retry using some new bleeding method reverse,vacuum,on a hill pointing up on a hill down. None of it worked. I now know that my system was indeed bled properly but my issue was this http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/18810-stiff-clutch-pedal/#entry206745