What's new

Clutch price

chew

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda accord tourer
Has anyone had a new clutch fitted by Honda recently? Ictdi pre face lift What sort of price am I looking at. Need to get saving I think. Thanks

GSF Car Parts sell a clutch, not sure what brand it is, you need to call them, but online they do 40% off most weekends and it works out at £100 for clutch only. You need a garage to fit it so will need labour costs. Just checked my receipt, I was charged 175 labour and 120 for the clutch which is a LUK CLUTHC KIT from euro car parts. Honda also sell fit LUK clutches. From memory I think Honda wanted about £600 fitted just for the clutch.

That's a good price. I'm just worried about an independent garage doing it without the special tool as if heard it needs to be loaded correctly or it won't last as long. What area are you in and can you recommend the place you went to?

I think I'm going to get it done even though my car is only worth about 1k.Because everything else is in good working order. Just need to decide whether to use Honda or an indy.

I wouldn't recommend anyone really, because I have good and bad experiences with everyone. This is a backstreet garage in Rochdale, the lads there pretty good, all I see is that they strip engines and rebuild them on performance cars, a friend of mine works there. You ain't going to get a smile or a pleasant service, if you go back with a fault it's unlikely to be there's, it one of those places, I took the risk as I've seen their work and I've had quiet a few thousand miles out of my clutch now, no issues. You should try and ring around local garages who have done this type of work before. I mean after all my cars 12 yrs old with 150k and im not paying Honda silly money and I can't believe established local garages are not competant to change a clutch.

It's a big job on the Accord. To get the gearbox out the subframe has to come out, and to get the subframe out the exhaust has to be removed. Obviously the driveshafts too.

I got mine done at Honda several years ago, price back then was similar to what wookie says it is now.

To be honest £650 is a good price as the accord is not straight forward compared to a civic or jazz. As Brian pointed out subframe exhaust steering rack etc all have to be removed. It's a good half day job with no problems.

Sounds like alot of work so the price isn't that bad. Need to get some overtime in and book it in. If I get another 2 years out of it then it will be worth it.

Eurocarparts LUK clutch kit after 22% discount code voucherbox22 £112.31

GSF Carparts 40% off code: FRDY40 Premium Branded clutch kit £105.35

These prices are for my car 2.2 diesel 7 Gen pre facelift

I asked G&M Motors Honda in Gravesend on how much a clutch change was a while back in the summer. They said for petrol it was £550 and for diesel it was £650. All parts and Labour included. However, they said if the flywheel needed replacing it could be well over the £1,000 mark and there's no way to tell until they open it up.