What's new

Clutch switches identification

mattyatt

Reaction score
Car
Mk7 Tourer CDTI
Hi all, I'll keep it brief.

Glow plug light flashing, garage diagnosed as clutch switch fault. They said I need two. Honda prices are something like 44 and 47 quid respectively.

I've found one on eBay for around 20, part number 36760-PT0-004 but I can't work out what the second one is.

Any help/explanation would be much appreciated.

Best,
Matt

I'd get a second opinion first, usual suspect is the fuel filter.

They diagnosed it using Bosch ESI[tronic] software - coming out as "P1704 - clutch pedal switch, implausible voltage ratio". Would you say that's still likely to be the fuel filter or would you trust it? Still interested in why they've said there are 2 clutch pedal switches and I can't seem to track more than one down?

Fuel filter is a cause but maybe they are onto something, found this thread:

Ah brilliant, yes, I know all about throttle position sensors as well, had that done a few months ago, definitely was what was at fault at the time - symptom was complete lack of power (whilst driving!) And was cured instantly with new (aftermarket) TPS.

Thanks for finding that thread, it explains a lot. If anyone does happen to know what the other part number would be I'd be grateful.

Thanks again everyone

Mine's 2007 manufacture but on a 56 plate, the facelift version. It's the tourer 2.2 'executive' trim, with the nav built in but can't see it being any different to the one you searched. I'm sure those must be the two offending articles - that's brilliant, thanks to all for the help. Now, just need to find the other one (36760 SM4 003) for less than they are from Honda...