What's new

Code Readers to solve problem

hh are always very busy try ringing them again as they might have taken your number wrong.

The parts dept have my tel number and email address.

And i gave the receptionist my tel number to pass on to Steve in the service dept but I got the feeling when I spoke to her that my call wouldn't be returned as she asked me whether Steve knew me and whether he knew what it was about. Obviously I explained that I was a TypeAccord member looking for some ***istance with some error codes etc.

Maybe as you say they are pulled out and dont have time to get back to me but I need to get my car sorted sooner rather than later.

I'll give them a couple of days more.

Steve will get back to you I'm sure. He is always busy but returned my calls when I had a few problems.

Steve's a great guy, but he's the head of service and as they are a business.. please don't expect a call back for some free advice. He's under pressure to run a tight ship and ensure paying customers are being looked after.

If he calls back, it's a favour. If he doesn't, don't read too much into it.

The parts dept have my tel number and email address.

And i gave the receptionist my tel number to pass on to Steve in the service dept but I got the feeling when I spoke to her that my call wouldn't be returned as she asked me whether Steve knew me and whether he knew what it was about. Obviously I explained that I was a TypeAccord member looking for some ***istance with some error codes etc.

Maybe as you say they are pulled out and dont have time to get back to me but I need to get my car sorted sooner rather than later.

I'll give them a couple of days more.

Phil,

how's things going.

Did you do the sensor cleaning etc and any update on the TPS ?

Hi everyone. First time poster here looking for help.

Bought an Accord 2.2 i-cdti ex (2007) in November last year. It had done 100k miles but had been serviced by Honda every 6 months.

I had it serviced at an independent garage in March 2011 and he changed the oil, oil filter, plugs, fuel filter etc.

Unfortunately he didn't use genuine Honda parts and ever since I have experienced slight hesitation/misfiring on acceleration and every now and again the engine warning light comes on along with the VSA. When i turn the engine off and re start the VSA light goes off but the engine light stays on - eventually going off after 3/4 restarts.

Ive spoken to Honda who want £51 for accessing the diagnostic codes.

After reading lots of comments on here about the importance of a genuine honda fuel filter ive also asked honda to quote for replacing the FF and they said it would be £70 inc the FF and labour.

Im in two minds whether to change the FF first to see whether that improves the situation or whether I should buy a code reader myself as Im very reluctant to pay Honda £51 just to access the codes.

Suggestions would be welcome and indeed if anyone knows where I can buy a decent code reader at a good price then I might consider accessing the codes myself.

hi i have honda diesel 2.2 iCTDi 56 plate, while driving suddenly stopped and management and vsa light come on and accelerator wont work at all, had to switch the engine off couples of times then accelerator start working slowly slowly and next day management and vsa light disappear next day, same thing happen after 4
days and now the fuel consumption is very high, had done the service 4 months ago was ok up to now suddenly creating problem plz help if anyone had the same problem

plz advised have u sorted out ur problem looks like same problem

You need to have the error code read off the ecu - even when the light goes off the code will have been stored. An obd2 reader will be needed, so buy one, borrow one or take your car to someone who's got one (eg a garage).

Cheap to buy one, this is same as mine... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUTOP-D900-CAR-DIAGNOSTIC-FAULT-CODE-READER-SCANNER-OBD-SCAN-ENGINE-LIGHT-UK-/160919554494?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item25778d89be