What's new

D.A.T Tyres London

Hamid92

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Type S
Hi all

We always seem to ramble on about terrible service and stupid prices but we rarely appreciate it when a garage gets it right!

As most of you know I had a very bad issue with my car that had to be resolved as soon as. Going over 60 mph resulted in shaking from the steering wheel and also at most speed the car liking to drag to the left.

After posting about this and reading comments from Eric (Toffee_Pie) about a possible problem with the drive shaft I phoned up the closest garage that is listed on alignmycar.com (only hunter alignment garages are listed) and asked if I could bring the car down for them to have a look at it as lets be honest I am not going to the stealers again.

So I took the car on Saturday at about lunchtime and the place was packed! Clearly shows they know what they are doing if people are using them. But that still didn't stop Charlie (main guy) from slotting me in. Drive shaft is fine, no problems at all, which was good news :).

So what they did next was took of the wheels and balanced them all and found that one of the tyres on the front is slightly non circular should we say and instead of trying to force me to buy a tyre from them, they said to put the two tyres from the front to the back and the back to the front. So the weird tyre would now go on the back. On a side note that wheel required nearly 110g of weight!!!!

Anyways, got the wheels sorted and balance then he put the car on the ramp to check the alignment for FREE!!!! So got those clips on the wheels and whatever else they had to do and got the following result.

As you can the front left and right toe was outside of the tolerance levels!

Next I gave the go ahead to align the wheels and so the process started!

And after......................(bearing in mind I only asked for the front toe as I am buying 4 new tyres in the summer so will have a full alignment done then)

I then realised that my wallet was in my other jeans so told Charlie and calm as anything he said not to worry can you remember your card details? And because of my photogenic memory I said yes! Gave him all the numbers to his surprise (look on his face was priceless) and went through obviously!

On the drive home doing some spirited driving, within the legal limits of course, shaking has completely gone and the steering wheel actually points straight!!!! One happy bunny!

All in all from when I got to the garage to the moment I left the customer service was indeed top notch! Even managed to sort out my stupid plastic undertray thingy as it was loose. All the guys knew what they were doing, fast service, top blokes and would recommend to everyone on here! Anyone in or around London check these guys out give them a call and ask for Charlie then say Hamid sent you and I am sure he will sort out a great deal for you!

Got some horrific pictures from a BMW X6 RFT tyre that was in a diabolical state! Not for the faint hearted! Will post on this thread shortly.

Details
D.A.T Tyre Supplies
29 Kilburn Lane
W10 4AE
0208969 3030/4266

Check them out!

P.s you can see on the picture of my rear tyre the amount of weights on it!

As promised X6 tyres in need of a deserved rest!

How can anyone justify driving on those?

Excellent news :D

Just shows that as was being said in your original post, first port of call on any vibrations is a Hunter alignment.

non-round tyre, yes that's another one that no-one thought of , I 've heard of that before !!

Yes was great! I am also doing a write up on Hond-R and Vtec Direct as I have passed 1000miles with my new brake setup! Bremtech groved discs and ferodo ds2500 pads!

What can be done regarding a non round tyre? It is on the back currently and I have had no problems in the last couple of days? Would it be ok to wait till they need changing and then get 4 new ones?

What can be done regarding a non round tyre? It is on the back currently and I have had no problems in the last couple of days? Would it be ok to wait till they need changing and then get 4 new ones?
no idea, but interested to know the brand

Good news Hamid as i said in my 1st post in your other thread Alignment needs to be spot on in these cars :rolleyes:

good result dude.. i think i mentioned check tyres too ? ! :p

i took my car to a few places before i had a hunter alignment, most run of the mill places are useless, you do need the hunter as you have seen.

on a side note one of my rear tyres had a bulge also but obviously i still had fubared drive shafts.

but good result for you indeed.

now enjoy the car.

were them tyres on your car because i just saw them now, they are f******ed.

cant believe you took them out on a public road.....

were them tyres on your car because i just saw them now, they are f******ed.

cant believe you took them out on a public road.....
doh Eric ..... READ THREADS PROPERLY !!!

he said "Got some horrific pictures from a BMW X6 RFT tyre that was in a diabolical state"

lol

well it does look a bit big for a honda :p

i am really bad at scanning messages and making ***umptions

And watch your swearing you won't be told again Eric