Barry W

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.0 auto
Hi,

Just bought the lights from Ebay.
Looking at fitting them this weekend.

As the law ( as I understand it) says the lights come on with your ignition but off with your headlights, can someone confirm in the basic terms what wire goes where on a relay.

i.e. pin 86 to Headlight wire?
pin 30 to Ignition switch wire?
pin 87A to DRL + wire?
pin 85 to earth?

Please correct.

Any ***istance would be appreciated.

B

you dont need a relay, just connect it anything that comes on with ignition, I would use headlight leveling wire located near the headlights, they only work with ignition on ;)

As they are a retro fit it matters not how they turn on and off. Just wire them up to something that is only live when the ignition is on.

Yes but the question is should they go off at night i.e. when you switch the headlights on and I think the answer is yes..

hhhmmm had thought about that, but would it really matter - surely the light from the headlights would "overpower" the fake DLR's?

Would they have to turn off if they are retro fit? After all they would not be classed as DLR's would they? I don't call my Tourer a sports car now it has A-Spec springs...

Audi DRL's stay on at night as well as day....

They turn off whilst the indicators are flashing though, I noticed the other day.

yes your right Dan they do, I think its because the indicator light output is very dim compared to the DRLs, very clever indeed..

Until the relay goes phutt :lol:

Have to hand it to Audi though, their new line up are looking pretty nice at the moment. Don't tell CJ I said that though ;).

LOL have to agree with you Dan, they do make some nice cars, my brother has one and their wiring systems are very complex, he has warning errors all the time now because he's fitted HID's and LED sidelights lol all this new CAN BUS, im so glad the Accord has simple wiring that just works! i cant be doing with any warning errors.

OK I thought they went off at night, but yes I've noticed they dim to allow the indicator to flash properly. The Germans are clever, but we knew that anyway ;)

Personally I haven't seen DRL retrofit pulled off properly on any car yet, but that's not the purpose of this thread anyway.

OK I thought they went off at night, but yes I've noticed they dim to allow the indicator to flash properly. The Germans are clever, but we knew that anyway ;)

Personally I haven't seen DRL retrofit pulled off properly on any car yet, but that's not the purpose of this thread anyway.

Ok, now fitted.

I bought a box of tricks from Eastern Europe on Ebay and wired them up as per instructions.

They come on with ignition and off when the dips come on.
FYI there are regs as to where they are supposed to be sited, height, distance apart etc,.

Look ok if I say so myself, although I may modify and place them actually in the fog light covers but that means taking the front bumper off and don't know if I can be ars..!

B

thisthreadisuselesswithoutpichers.jpg

we're not going to have to worry about all this where do i fit DRL's soon as all cars are going to be built with them fitted in the not to distant future

dude on the right can't spell...

as far as i can see only Audi have managed to pull off these lights properly.

dan. that picture is supposed to be like that! they got a random tramp to hold up the sign to add a little more commical value

The DRL's should ether dim or switch off when turning the headlights on.

I gone for a DRL Module as I don't like that LED stuff unless its Xmas :lol:

The module uses the dimmed full beams similar to the currant VW Golf. You can program it to 25, 40, 60, or 95%.

They come on as soon as the ignition is on and go off when the headlights are turned on.
There is also a coming home feature so they stay on between 10sec & 5min if you parked anywhere dark.

Works brilliant and its just plugged into the fusebox.

Sorry to open up an old topic, but does anyone know where I can get on of these drl modules to fit my 05 diesel tourer?
My last car was a Volvo, and I'm really missing have no lights on during the day. I know I could just put the lights on, but laziness has set in with old age I'm afraid!!!!

Any info would be a great help, ta

Sorry to open up an old topic, but does anyone know where I can get on of these drl modules to fit my 05 diesel tourer?
My last car was a Volvo, and I'm really missing have no lights on during the day. I know I could just put the lights on, but laziness has set in with old age I'm afraid!!!!

Any info would be a great help, ta

mite not be helpful but just wire a igntion feed to the side light wire :D SIDE LIGHTS ON WHEN DRIVE :D

its 1 wire in the fuse box ;)

ok i get it, you dont like my idea :( you want the kool looking LED effect B) then your shopping on ebay or a trip to halfrods ^_^