What's new

Decat

Quirrel

Members
Reaction score
Car
'05 Accord Estate
Whilst under the car yesterday I had the pleasure of spotting a hole in my cat. It is blowing, not enough to be noisy, but something that will need attention before getting the ecu tinkered with.

How does the ICDTI respond to a decat pipe fitted?

How much is a replacement cat? The last one I bought was for my golf and cost the pricely sum of £78.

Replacement cat for the ICTDI accord can be found around £60-£80.. You can get a decat done with a pipe running through for £40 from most garages

Replacement cat for the ICTDI accord can be found around £60-£80.. You can get a decat done with a pipe running through for £40 from most garages

will this fail the M.O.T emissions test bud?? i heard it does not...did i hear correctly...?

I've never decatted an Ictdi or known anyone to do it (yet). Generally the rule with turbo diesel cars is to not decat them. The cat helps create backpressure which aids turbo efficiency. If you derestrict it, you essentially cause the turbo to work harder and reduce its life quicker.

Where should I be looking for the cat at that price?

Eurocarparts had no prices available and all online retailers want me to call first, which defeats the purpose of being online.

How old is the car as there is a good warranty on the Honda exhaust system

Where should I be looking for the cat at that price?

Eurocarparts had no prices available and all online retailers want me to call first, which defeats the purpose of being online.

www.1stchoice.co.uk

Theres one on ebay for £99

I've never decatted an Ictdi or known anyone to do it (yet). Generally the rule with turbo diesel cars is to not decat them. The cat helps create backpressure which aids turbo efficiency. If you derestrict it, you essentially cause the turbo to work harder and reduce its life quicker.

It has been done before http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItclmLKtfyE

I was quoted £95 to have mine done (ExhaustsUK Sheffield) that was for the rear cat, a local company offered to have it done for £40 but when I dropped the car off they rung me after 1 hour to say it was the front cat that was blocked and would have to be replaced.

http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17SED01&block_02=B__0202&block_03=603

part number 3.

Thought I was going to be lucky and it was just the protective plate, but gases were blowing out.

http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17SED01&block_02=B__0202&block_03=603

part number 3.

Thought I was going to be lucky and it was just the protective plate, but gases were blowing out.

Can it not be welded/repaired?

Funnily enough, I was looking for films of "accord diesel decat" on Youtube yesterday. There are a couple of films of exhaust noise, then halfway down the result list is a WWII german propaganda film! No idea why.

Never realised the accord has two cats.

A turbo precat then the main cat -

Have to do some more research. The main cat has tiny pin ***** like holes in it blowing out of it, no idea about the precat, will find out this week when I drop it off.