What's new

DIY: Full engine service on the Pre Facelift i-CTDI Accord

Drat the dust / pollen filter supplied by Cox motor parts (Honda Lancaster) is the wrong size Honda pollen filter . the box is the right size and is labelled

80291-TF0-E01

but the filter inside is much smaller and labelled: 80291 - SAA _506HE. can anyone confirm the correct part number for an 04 cdti exec saloon still searching forum for the part number.

Simon the part number i think is Honda Pt No 80292-SDC-505HE
If you brought it from HH you would have had discount and free p&p

Simon the part number i think is Honda Pt No 80292-SDC-505HE
If you brought it from HH you would have had discount and free p&p

Yep I have learn't my lesson HH from now on.

Thanks for the Part no. Brett.

just checked my invoice that is the part I ordered so will get back onto cox and try and get an exchange.

just checked my invoice that is the part I ordered so will get back onto cox and try and get an exchange.
Dam right and get them to chuck something in for free for the inconvenience ;)

Well done Simon :)

Kinda rewarding to DIY isn't it ;)

Yes very rewarding.

I'm really happy with the results so far, the cars running much better than before so much for local my mechanic promising to put the 0W-30 in when I last got the oil changed.

Its quieter and smoother than it has been for ages and as I said earlier I was shocked at the condition of the oil in the car especially as I have paid to have it changed every four months (around 9-10,000 miles).

Now I know its got the right oil and filter in I will be interested to see what state the oils in next time round.

Guys

for the novice like me, this is a great guide so im gonna give it a go as a full service will be due in about a 1000miles!

Noticed on my car that there are no metal spring-clips holding the pipes onto the fuel filter!

this may seem like a dumb question but did you clamp the inlet and outlet fuel pipes before taking off the old filter or is there little risk or diesel coming out?

cheers

scott

Hi Guys,

If you go on the Europarts web-site you can get the same fuel filter, with the same serial number as the ones here removed and replaced.

Are these the wrong ones then?????

Old filter vs new

Resized to 50% (was 800 x 600) - Click image to enlarge

Please note, I've said this before and will say it again and again and again till I'm blue in the face.. USE A GENUINE HONDA FUEL FILTER ON THE DIESEL ACCORD.

Do not give into the temptation to save money and buy from a motor factor. The filter is a Bosch item and yes you can buy Bosch filters from Euro Car Parts and everywhere else but the genuine item is the only one to go for if you want trouble free motoring. The engine management system is very sensitive on the diesel Accord and it has sensors to check for fuel pressure at the rail - if they are even slightly out, to prevent engine damage, your car will go into limp mode.

Damn I love you guys. I did the oil & filter change last week then ordered a fuel filter, pollen & air filters. They arrived yesterday (yep all original Honda parts). Air filter was 5 minutes if that, (incidentally my car has been secretly smoking as I found a cigarette butt and a leaf in the bottom of the air box). The pollen filter was....easiest thing ever (I wish everything was as easy..nah life would be boring). I left the fuel filter till last and wasn't as near as bad as I thought, less than an hour, jobs a gud un. Thank you. B)

Most garages would use an engine flush to get all debris out of engine on an oil change, being a mechanic for over 15 years I would highly recommend doing this too....

Hello Ian and welcome. Bit of a funny first post but hey welcome along. Do try and introduce yourself in the newbie section.
Hope you enjoy the forum

Most garages would use an engine flush to get all debris out of engine on an oil change, being a mechanic for over 15 years I would highly recommend doing this too....
What sort of debris do you mean? Surely anything loose should have already ended up in the filter?

Most advice I've read is critical of engine flushing, particularly on older engines.

Welcome to TypeAccord, btw!

im going to do all these next saturday. thanks for the info on the gearbox oil, thats the only quantity and type i wasnt sure about :wub:

hello all accord owners!!!! can anyone tell me please,,,, if there is anything to be alert to when changing the battery on my 54 reg accord,as regards to alarm system,,, radio codes etc,, much appreciated.tynesidetom.

hello all accord owners!!!! can anyone tell me please,,,, if there is anything to be alert to when changing the battery on my 54 reg accord,as regards to alarm system,,, radio codes etc,, much appreciated.tynesidetom.
Hi Tom and welcome to the club!

***uming your car has standard equipment, then no worries. I've disconnected my battery many times over the years and no codes are required on reconnection.

I suggest sending Brett a PM (use the right hand button under his avatar)... he can then tell you the current discount code.

Hi all!! Going to change my oil and filter and just wondered what's the best way to remove the filter housing cap??

Do you think a rubber strapped plumbers type wrench would be sufficient or do I need to buy a specific tool??

Thanks guys!
Carl

I've always just grabbed it with my hands and turned. Maybe if yours is really tight then a rubber strap wrench would be useful.

^^ Do you also lift cars and save people from burning burning buildings in your spare time?

Use a filter removal socket on a torque wrench and torque it to the correct setting. The setting is marked on the top of the plastic housing.

^^ Do you also lift cars and save people from burning burning buildings in your spare time?

Use a filter removal socket on a torque wrench and torque it to the correct setting. The setting is marked on the top of the plastic housing.
:lol:
I was going to say "a real man only uses his hands" but didn't think that sounded right :unsure:

Fuel filter is the main difference on the facelift for servicing

Yep for servicing only the fuel filter is different. pre facelift uses a Bosch canister filter and facelift uses a Denso cartridge filter.