What's new

Door sag issues?

skinnyman

Members
Reaction score
Car
2006 2.4 Type S
Have the 7th gens been known to suffer from door sag?

The last few times it's rained I have noticed my drivers door leaking, and it doesn't quite seem to line up with the back door along the top of the seal.

Anyone experienced this before?

To answer your question no

could be signs of a worn hinge, open the door and lift it up and down slightly to detect if there is play in the hinge.

My old Golf had this on one door. It was a really windy day, the wind caught the door and blew it wide open, very fiercely. It was never the same after that. Must have fractionally bent the hinges or something. Could be something like this. It can easily happen.

I'd suggest loosening, realigning and retightening all door fixings. You'll need someone to help you I imagine, to keep the door in place.

Once that's done, test to see if it's still sagging. If so, get some new hinges from a breakers or something. See if that cures it.

On further inspection the door doesnt appear to have dropped, but bent. The door crease lines up perfectly with the rear, but the top of the door where the seals is is bent out slightly, only by 1mm I'd say, but its enough to let a small amount of water drip in.