What's new

DPF GONE

The guys who know what they are doing charge £500+

If he's doing it for that sort of money then corners are being cut, most likely on the software. I dont know who it is, but I spend a lot of time solving cheap remaps now. Going on experience, I would suggest all he's done (or his file supplier has done) is a simple dtc delete. That means the DTC will never be presented but the problem will still be there. I see many so called DPF off maps where the regen cycle is still present but the driver isn't seeing the errors because the Dtc table has simply been deleted.

Anyways I hope you get it sorted, he may be right and there is another problem. If he's done a few accords like you say then he should also be able to diagnose it for you I would say.

Av Guy said:
Hi folks,

I have 93000 mile ES GT Tourer 59 plate. DPF was removed by local company and since then my town mpg has dropped to 28mpg!!! And I struggle to get 40mpg on motorway, Company said there must be something else wrong with the car, even though there were no errors showing when they first plugged it in, there have been no issues with the car in the 4yrs Ive had it it has been regularly serviced.

What else could be causing this drop in fuel consumption?

What MPG was you getting before the tourer is a heavy beast and if you have a heavy foot you won't get much more than 40 on motorway

If you read the start of the thread, Richard indicates what mpg gains he has seen..

Presumably if the DPF is just removed and the map not changed, the ECU will keep wasting fuel trying to do a regen every so often. This would make your MPG rubbish.

It would also throw the car into limp and on some cars cause engine failure as the fuel mixes with oil. I saw this on a sprinter van this year when someone thought they could get away with it.

I would love to get this done...however I am in Ireland. So its a non runner :)

You can post your ecu to us and have a garage remove the DPF

Hi Fahad

What sort of notice do you need to get a vehicle booked in? I am going to be working over Bradford way in the coming months and would love to book in my 2008 ESGT Tourer (2.2iDTEC 150). She's on about 63k miles at the moment.

Give me a call to arrange

Details on the premier tuning website

I've had the aforementioned work done by Grand Wizard F6had.

My wagon's cruise control worked faultlessly before and after the work carried out.

Also Stonesfan, the ES GT Auto in which you show interest may be an iDTEC rather than iCDTI,

Two different, yet lovely engines.