DPF Issue with 2009 Honda Accord 2.2 Dti

It's a bad pressure sensor.

1.Pressure switch hasn't been replaced
2 ECU not wiped off/cleaned properly before new filter has been fitted

Imo :)

F6HAD said:
It's a bad pressure sensor.
You're quicker :)

Hmmm. They said it was a new pressure switch and they said they took it around to Honda to have the ECU updated. So you think, as it was still driving around at over 60mpg it is not a faulty ECU or injectors. Also I think they replaced the filter first then took it for the update. Does that make a difference?

Thanks.

If they've replaced it with a brand new genuine honda DPF then they should also replace the differential pressure sensor and clear all the adaptation data so the sensor can learn from scratch.

Update, with more information. So they say that when investigated, the car gave them no faults, even though the fault light on the dash for DPF! was on. They say that is because that comes directly from the Pressure Switch. Is that true? They also say that the car had not re-generated itself in 700 miles, which they could see from the log and that it was their forced regeneration that was done 700miles ago. They forced it to re-gen again and it did with no problems and the soot levels went back down although they say it does seem to be putting a lot of soot into the filter, So another question is, they say they updated the software 700miles ago when they put the new DPF in, is that not the most likely cause of the problem? Can an ECU partly fail? The car goes perfectly, as I have said before over 60mpg.Also they say it is supposed to regen every 300km. therefore it had missed at least 2. Is that the only signal it gets to do that, i.e. just looks for the distance and nothing to do with the pressure switch? As the forced re-gen works I have ***umed mechanically everything works and there are no wires hanging off / bad joints, is that a fair ***umption?

Any advice gratefully received.

To be honest none of that really makes any sense.

Also there is a differential pressure sensor, but no pressure switch in the system so I'm not even sure what part you're referring to.

There may be an underlying problem with the car causing excessive soot such as a boost leak or bad MAF sensor, but that's down to the dealer to investigate and diagnose properly.

It must be the differential pressure switch. Does it just trigger the warning light on the dash?

Thanks for all the help.

You mean the sensor. No it won't trigger it on its own, the ecu will take the monitored reading and look at additional variables such as temperature and calculated load value and then decide if a regen is needed.

Quite frankly if you want to enjoy this car and keep it, I would just have the DPF removed and mapped out properly.

Ditto with removing the DPF, you will always have issues so long as it is fitted, either accept this will happen or get the filter removed.

How come several posts made by members earlier today discussing how the MOT is being improved to catch illegal DPF removal have been deleted?

Hi. I wrote that I got 60 mpg a year ago. I was doing 120 miles per day on the motorway. Cruise control set at just over 60 mph. No air con on. It was a mile from my house to the motorway and a mile from the motorway to my work. My car had done 190k. I have now retired and driving around town extra the best I get is 45mpg. Trip up to see the kids 200 miles away gives me 55 mpg. Car has now done 210k. I use Shell mostly.

Mine is manual and has been motorway driving for 90% of the miles. I change the oil every 13k, air filter every 75k and it never fails the MOT. I had a 7th gen before which did 235k before it got written off on the M25. It also did about 60 mpg and never failed an MOT. Great cars.

stonking said:
Mine is manual and has been motorway driving for 90% of the miles. I change the oil every 13k, air filter every 75k and it never fails the MOT. I had a 7th gen before which did 235k before it got written off on the M25. It also did about 60 mpg and never failed an MOT. Great cars.
Same here, 7 manual to 8 auto, not worried about mpg's as you say excellent motor's. I see you set cruise just over 60? so you are the bloke forcing lorries into lane two or three. LOL

Hi all.
I had a similar issue last November DPF light on and no !. Two regens by Honda Lincoln 160 miles apart and light back on again. So took the Accord to an indi garage and this was the reply.

A reply from a local independent garage.

Please find quotation for options to repair your Honda Accord.
To remove and have the DPF cleaned and refitted with new gaskets ( takes approx 5 working days) £599.00 inc VAT – comes with lifetime warranty – as long as you own the vehicle you would only have to pay the labour to remove/refit if the unit failed again.
To replace the DPF with original equipment specification aftermarket part and new gaskets £ 910.27 inc VAT.
To replace the DPF with genuine Honda DPF and new gaskets £ 1158.36 inc VAT
If you require any further information or would like to make an appointment please call.

Obviously also removal and remap was mentioned but not an ethical/legal option.

In the end i went for a clean and so far 3,500 miles and no issue.

smokingman said:
Hi all.
I had a similar issue last November DPF light on and no !. Two regens by Honda Lincoln 160 miles apart and light back on again. So took the Accord to an indi garage and this was the reply.
A reply from a local independent garage.
Please find quotation for options to repair your Honda Accord.
To remove and have the DPF cleaned and refitted with new gaskets ( takes approx 5 working days) £599.00 inc VAT – comes with lifetime warranty – as long as you own the vehicle you would only have to pay the labour to remove/refit if the unit failed again.
To replace the DPF with original equipment specification aftermarket part and new gaskets £ 910.27 inc VAT.
To replace the DPF with genuine Honda DPF and new gaskets £ 1158.36 inc VAT
If you require any further information or would like to make an appointment please call.
Obviously also removal and remap was mentioned but not an ethical/legal option.
In the end i went for a clean and so far 3,500 miles and no issue.
Hi Mate,
I got this dreadful sighn on my accord , it has been force regen twice in 8 weeks but light come back on .
I’m going for same option as you for a clean out by removing it with a company offering 12 months warranty .

Can you give update as any issues as of yet ?