What's new

Drivers electric window issue

leemond80

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 ICTDI Sport
So, I have had this problem for a while now and it is getting slowly worse.

the electric window on the drivers door raises up very slowly and sometimes it gives up and goes back down. It also sometimes ignores the fact that I have pressed the switch and doesnt respone at all.

Any ideas what I should be looking at changing to get rid of this?

Thanks in advance.

Lee

Have you tried some white grease or similar on the door runners. it could just be getting stuck on the way up/down because of dry rubber.

maybe but its the switch not working sometimes that wouldnt be explained by that.

possibly i have more than one issue but I hope not.

are there instructions on how to get the door panel off anywhere on here?

I had a look but cant find anything.

Theres a safety cut if it senses too much resistance, so if its really sticking loads it could stop the switch working.

if the glass is restricted in operation it will automatically drop the window down half way. Id remove the glass and check the runchannel seal, make sure its clear and give it a blast with duck oil. If that doesnt cure the issue it could be the window regulator itself. They can develop play and this play can cause the glass to lean against the seal whilst being operated, this then leads the sensor to think somethings blocking the glass and send the window down before the glass smashes.

I agree with the above, one of my windows wasn't working correctly until I noticed it wasn't seated in the rubber seal correctly. I've since moved it and lubricated it and it has been fine ever since.