What's new

elite remap on 05 ctdi

cmey

Members
Reaction score
Car
2005 accord ctdi
Hello..im new to the forum..
Read very positive reviews on remapped accords so I went ahead with an elite remap and egr deletion. Before the remap I was noticing that the turbo was taking long to kick in..I mean foot flat on throttle and turbo kicks in in 5 secs..anyways I went along with the remap and egr deletion and to my surprise the problem is still there. I was told that the remap was correctly installed and I have a mechanical issue. I will be taking the car to my mechanic however what can possible be causing this..ive read that egr blockage could be one of the causes however the remap deleted the functionality of the egr so I believe this should not be an issue. The car hasno faults when connected to the pc.

Any possible causes guys?

Hi Clint,

You're in Malta? This was remapped by Elite Remaps in the UK?

Was the EGR physically blanked or just switched off in the software? a leaking EGR or faulty turbo/turbo actuator normally cause this.

Hi F6HAD
yes i am. It was remapped by elite remaps uk through an agent in malta.
i have no idea whether the egr was physically blanked or just switched off..the person who mapped it confirmed that the map was done correctly and offered to look into other mechanical things..he mentioned airflow sensor cleanup..i prefer taking it to my mechanic of trust however dont really now what to tell him to check...when the turbo kicks in the car responds nicely..

shall i ask him to check the egr and the turbo actuator? The guy told me that he had a similar problem with an accord and it turned out to be a dirty airflow sensor...

your advice will be greatly appreciated...

F6HAD slight correction. nothing physical was done to the egr so it was switched off from the software..

Please have it physically blanked first. If that doesn't cure it then look at the turbo.

Airflow sensor issues are rare on these cars in my experience.

thanks for your help. what do you mean by physically blanked...physically removed? can i do this myself?

Best way to blank it easily is to fit a blanking plate between the valve and the inlet manifold. The whole point of blanking is to eliminate egr leak.

Even though they will have switched the egr off in the software, if the egr is physically not able to close properly it will be allowing unexpected air back in to the inlet manifold which causes the sluggishness you describe.

If that doesn't solve it then you have a turbo problem most likely.

When I tune these cars, I run a deep diagnostic session for exactly this reason and also physically blank the egr to ensure I'm achieving the best result possible.

Thank you. I shouldnt have any faults when i blank the egr if it was correctly disabled from the software. Correct?

Correct.

If he's a genuine agent and only using Elite Remaps software then it should be fine.

Hope so. By any chance do you have another link to buy the plate. Unfortunately this seller does not post to malta and looked all over ebay for a similar plate with no success :(

Afraid not but you can easily make your own with some thin metal. Don't use a Coke can it's too thin but any metal a bit thicker than that should be sufficient. Use the gasket as a template.

Thanks for the advice. Will be taking it in next friday and let you know how it goes.

Hi Fahad. Update. Replaced fuel, oil and air filters, blanked the egr and cleaned up the turbo. car is much much better. Unfortunately since the car was mapped before the service i cant establish what difference the remap did compared to the stock map. However i think that it is stronger than the factory map.

thanks for your help and advice.

That's good news. If blanking the EGR has helped, then you almost certainly had an EGR leak.

It's also definitely worth removing and properly cleaning the inlet manifold. The car will have it's crisp throttle response restored.

Hi Fahad,
since the remap i am noticing clutch slipping when car is driven aggressively on 4th and 5th. Car has 135k miles. When i drive it slowly the slipping is not noticeable. am doing any damage running the car with a slipping clutch? I was told that its expensive to change the clutch.

If the clutch is slipping it needs changing before it fries the flywheel.
With or without the map, it must've been on the cusp of needing to be done. If it's the original at that mileage, it's done very well to last that long.

Prolonged driving with a slipping clutch is likely to damage the flywheel. Not sure on costs in Malta but in the UK budget around £400 not including flywheel at a private garage

Original clutch and LUK flywheel

Same as mine. Good at stage 2 so far.