What's new

End of the road for the accord :(

Dalerobert

Members
Reaction score
Car
1.8 vtec sport
So the time has come to say the accord is no more,ive had the car nearly two years and must say im sad it has come the this, its due its mot next month and i had the garage give it a once over and to give me a price for the work if any, they got back to me with the price and it wasnt good so ive decided not to put any more money into the car abit gutted too as it only had a new clutch last year, the 6th gen has to be one of the best looking accords and how it handles is unbelievable shame there getting old much love car r.i.p accord 1.8

Power steering pipes upper arm bushes on the front, a bottom ball joint and needs new caliper on the front and back fella

I dont know as yet might need a bigger car soon so been looking at mpvs got to sort out getting rid of the accord now sad times

Apart the poer steering pipe, the others should be cheap fixes to be honest. I was considering chopping mine in, but decided to keep it and evaluate in a years time, the car is still spot on and puts a smile on my face an dthere isnt any better car to thrash around in that will take abuse well.

Proberly a daft question im going to take the accord off road and get another accord makes sense since theres a new clutch and exchaust my question is, is the clutch the same in the 1.8 and the 2.0 sorry in advance for a silly quetion

Are you buying a 6th gen again too? Seems pointless to swap for same model, you can buy another one which might end up needing £££ repairs, just get yours fixed up.

This is true but mine needs about 500 quids worth of stuff what needs doing andfor that i can get one with less miles on it

Fair enough, they aren't worth much so you might aswell, not sure on the clutch, I think they are the same but have a look on Lings, type in reg for a 1.8 and see the part number for clutch and then for a 2.0, if they are the same then that will indicate they both use the same clutch and the size is one.

Ive looked on euro car pars and they have the same measurements just thought id check on here to see if anybody knows cheers fella