What's new

Exhaust Recommendations

Matt_F

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord SE Exec
I need to put a new centre section and back box on my Accord and having problems finding anything nice for a reasonable price. I was thinking of putting a standard centre section on with a stainless backbox. I quite fancy a back box that loosely resembles the original with two small pipes coming out the back, maybe slash cut. Sportex do one, but it's mild steel and in my opinion pretty expense for what it is. Does anyone have any recommendations? Don't want anything too loud, but it'd be nice if it had a sporty note to it.

Thanks in advance, Matt

Is there a powerflow centre near you? I'm sure they'd be able to sort you out with a stainless backbox.

I just fitted a second hand Powerflow exhaust to my 6th gen, it's not bad but I'm not sure if I'd buy a new one as all the bends on it are crush bends.

BEB4A85A-405F-406B-B874-D85A3229ECC0-2442-000006D555FEC34B_zps9835de6a.jpg

I guess it really depends on the amount of money you want to spend!

I'm used to Vauxhalls and stainless back boxes used to be £125 ish and systems £200 ish. For the Accord I can get a mild steel back box (Sportex) for £170 and systems look to be £300+. Not cheap! There is a powerflow place not too far away but didn't think they had too good a rep, using low grade stainless steel etc?

As said mate it depends on what your budget is. The Sportex back boxes are mild steel so will eventually rust, powerflow used crushed bends not mandrel ones. There is a custom exhaust place not to far from me and he will do a custom 2.5" stainless steel cat back, including center box for £250. That's with me supplying a back box and they use mandrel bends. Comes with a lifetime warranty to. Try search around for custom exhaust shops near you.

Heres a pic of the custom setup I got done on my civic.

DSCF0733.jpg

mobilepics187.jpg

Thats a stainless steel back box I got of ebay for £40. 2.5" inlet with 3.5" outlet.

As Martin has said, most aftermarket custom exhaust places do offer a lifetime warrenty. So there's no worries there, and chances are the system will be cheaper than buying an OEN replacement.

Hmm, I didn't know powerflow weren't mandrel bent, I was thinking of getting them to make me a system in the future, may have to think twice now. There doesn't seem to be any off the shelf stainless systems for none type-r accords.

Some powerflow fitters do mandrel bend, but some also use crush.

I have a Remus back box on my 6th gen, was on when I bought it seems to be stainless not 100% though.

Custom Catback sounds amazing in my Atr, especially with Induction kit
The sound at Vtec is orgasmic!!