What's new

Fitted battery wrong :0

Vtecdem

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord cl7
I stupidly put the negative side of the batteryto the car and got a spark and I guess solenoid noise.
Blew the main fuse.

Gonna pick up a new fuse today, but will I have fooked up anything else?

Just wasn't thinking as it's such a simple procedure. IDIOT

Join the club!!!!! I did the same about a month ago. I hope your luck is better than mine.
You will need a multi-block fuse from honda for about 13 pounds was mine only had to wait 3 weeks for it to arrive in Gibraltar. That one you will need for sure.
I also blew my stereo fuse, easy job.
Now my ABS VSA and (!) Brake warning lights are on full time on my dash.
I've yet to test the current on my battery and if that still fails it is off to the stealer for some codes :(

Best of luck!!

Yes....sparks and clicking rings a bell lol. Did you also have flashing lights?

Wow ANX I really hope I don't have those issues but as long as I can drive it after the main fuse is fitted I'll be happy. Will get it tomorrow luckely from honda.

Didn't notice the lights flashing?

Yeah I literally just touched the positive side from the car to the negative on the battery for a second.

Ran round norwich city to all the auto motive places and only honda had it. £15 now.

Cheers for the replys fingers crossed

You won't know until you connect it up again with a new fuse. The 7th gen is a sensitive bit of kit so fingers crossed you'll be ok. Do keep us updated

Just fitted the fuse and all seems fine, went for a drive and everything appears to be grand :)

Really pleased, and the wife has a car again.

Cheers for the replys although they only made me more nervous ;)

How did you manage that, did you fit a new battery, the negative lead shouldn't reach the positive terminal? I've noticed alot of battery sellers list them for the Accord with the terminals the wrong way round.