What's new

Fitting fog lights

skhell

Members
Reaction score
Car
1.8, 6th gen Accord
Hi guys,

My year 2000 Accord does not have fog lights, but I would like to install ones on the car :rolleyes:

I have been looking to find a used ones, but its not an easy task. Any way, If I do find ones(originals from Honda), would it be easy to install them on the car?
And how would I make the wiring? Has anyone has any experience on this subject?

Hi Pedro,

Not sure how easy fog lights would be to fit, I will have to leave this part to one of the guys with a lot more knowledge than me on the fitting bit..but I can help with the wiring.
I have fitted many sets of spots / fogs to off road vehicles.

The easiest way is to use a seperate 12v relay and fit a dash mounted switch..I have attached a link to a wiring diagram using a 12 volt relay which you will need to mount in a secure dry position in the engine compartment.

The diagram I have used shows the switch connected to the parking / side light circuit...I am not sure of the legalities in your country but in the UK fog lights have to be operated in this manner....however the switch can be connected directly to the relay if you so choose.

If you need any clarification on the wiring or I have not explained anything correctly just ask. :D

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/hawkan01/FogLights.jpg

I fitted fogs to my 6th gen. I had the whole kit from Honda which included wiring and instructions. I was not to bad to fit, but I doubt you'll be able to get them as I don't think Honda supply them anymore!

I have found fog light circuit diagram of the 6th gen Accord, it would not be too hard to fit the fog lights, although it would take some time.

It's very similar to the diagram that Hawkan posted, it has a relay connected to the front fog light switch and to the "normal" light switch, so the fog lights only go-on when the "normal" lights are on, and go-off when we turn them off.

About the the kit from Honda, I bet it is way too expensive, and as Puppy said, probably they don't sell them any more...

I see that the major problem will not be fitting the fog lights, it will be finding a set of fog lamps to this car. I have been through ebay.co.uk, ebay.de and found nothing.

I have been though some local breaker-yards but it's very hard to find this cars on breaker-yards...

Any suggestion where to get them?

I have found fog light circuit diagram of the 6th gen Accord, it would not be too hard to fit the fog lights, although it would take some time.

It's very similar to the diagram that Hawkan posted, it has a relay connected to the front fog light switch and to the "normal" light switch, so the fog lights only go-on when the "normal" lights are on, and go-off when we turn them off.

About the the kit from Honda, I bet it is way too expensive, and as Puppy said, probably they don't sell them any more...

I see that the major problem will not be fitting the fog lights, it will be finding a set of fog lamps to this car. I have been through ebay.co.uk, ebay.de and found nothing.

I have been though some local breaker-yards but it's very hard to find this cars on breaker-yards...

Any suggestion where to get them?

Pedro, I waited nearly a year before mine came up on e-bay, so I would say that you will have to just keep looking until some turn up! ;)

Pedro, I waited nearly a year before mine came up on e-bay, so I would say that you will have to just keep looking until some turn up! :unsure:

I think there are 2 on Ebay UK as I write this. Check it out.

Hope this helps.

B

Are you talking about this ones? This are not OEM :unsure:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Front-Spot-Fog-Lights-Lamps-Honda-Civic-Accord-CRX-/260700647870?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cb2f831be

Can't find other to the 6th gen Accord.

Fog lights for the 6th gen are like hens teeth. As John has said it really is just a waiting game.

I have saved a search on ebay which alerts me if something new comes up. Let's just wait :lol:

Found this one selling on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160544840063&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

I wonder if they fit my 1.8 year 2000 Accord :huh:

Even if they fit, I doubt the seller ships to Portugal. Will ask him and see what he says.

My ol' man could probably pick it up for you ;).

The seller already replied, and he does ships to Portugal. Now, I need to know if they will fit on my car. He says it fits on the TypeR, but I guess the TypeR bumper is different form mine :huh: ... Not sure about this.

Good news bud - ***uming it fits of course - can't help you there I'm afraid :(.

Looking at the pics of the foglights they should fit okay, ***uming that your 6th gen is the pre facelift.

The facelift has different style foglight.

I guess I will have to let go this deal, its getting too expensive. The bid is already at 82£, plus 33£ shipping it's way too much as I want to pay for it :(

The only differnce you need to worry about is pre or post faclift.

Hi,

A set of front fog light for the pre-face lift Accord TypeR have just came up on ebay, will these fit in my 1.8, year 2000, pre-facelift accord?

The ebay auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110674664553

And my car: