What's new

Flat battery

edwardgregg

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord
Help! Battery has just started discharging when ignition is off.
- tested battery: am told it’s good
- tested its charging when connected: charging ok
If I switch ignition off it’s flat within a couple of minutes.
Note : when I lock it the doors lock hit the indicators no longer flash?! Anyone any ideas?

edwardgregg said:
Help! Battery has just started discharging when ignition is off.
- tested battery: am told it’s good
- tested its charging when connected: charging ok
If I switch ignition off it’s flat within a couple of minutes.
Note : when I lock it the doors lock hit the indicators no longer flash?! Anyone any ideas?
I have had the same problem for five years. 3 batteries and alternators, disconnected blue tooth that’s a common cause disconnected alarm also a known problem. Seems a little better if I make sure air con is off when I park but I would also like someone’s view on this

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine is an 04 2.4 Accord Tourer Exec Auto incase anyone has any ideas..... It does not have hands free phone.

Sounds like there maybe a relay of some sort that doesn't disengage, you'll need an auto tech to diagnose unless someone else can find a common fault. Bluetooth is ruled out, any other extras on the car??

A good auto electrician will find unless you fancy drive to London :)

Sent from my LG-K100 using Tapatalk

If your handy with a multimeter you can perform the fuse pull out test.
Set the multimeter to current measuring mode and connect it inline with the car battery.
Measure the current with the car off (or in the state where you think the excess draw is occurring) and pull out every fuse to see if the current decreases, this should give you an indication where the excess current draw lies.

Hope it helps