What's new

Fluid leak from below offside headlight

Tafia

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord diesel
Hi folks,

Though my 2004 Accord with 84,000 miles passed the MOT a month ago, I now see a fluid leak has appeared. It leaves a mark on the ground below the offside headlight and the fluid seems to be lost from the power steering system.

I top up the resevoir and it slowly drops, not a lot but enough. The steering appears unaffected and there is a pipe which leads from the upper part of the reservoir and down towards the suspect area. The fluid is obviusly dropping onto metalwork somewhere and running along it before hitting the ground.

Anyone else had this and if so what was the cure? I can not see where the leak is coming from as the pipe I suspect disappears from view.

Thanks

edgeoftime said:
I think this is normal, a/c drain off?
Thanks. Wish it was.

The air con drain seems to be much further back and this fluid loss is accompanied by a drop in fluid level in the power steering reservoir.

I put a tray under the drip to catch it and it definitely oil.

Cheers :(

T

there is a issue on some Ps hoses on the high pressure side and o rings. Hopefully it's only leaking at a joint.

You know power steering fluid is highly flammable yeah?

Get it fixed.

Salim said:
there is a issue on some Ps hoses on the high pressure side and o rings. Hopefully it's only leaking at a joint.
Yes, I have seen the issue of the O ring on YouTube though that particular one was not an Accord, it was another Honda model. Seems the O ring was allowing air bubbles to reach the reservoir.

There has been a TSB on it and the black O ring was to be replaced with a red one.

As mentioned, the suspect pipe disappears behind other parts. Looks as if I will have to take it to my repair chap and put it on the lift.