What's new

Front fog lights

chesjak

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord I-ctdi
Hi Guys
Fell foul of a stone thrown up by a car and it has broken the glass on my near side fog light.

The fog lights I have on my 2005 i-CTDI are the round (approx 60cm dia) type. Honda part number 08V31-SEF-60011 for left side and 60010 for the right side.

According to Andy at Cox motors these are no longer available and I would agree with him. Haven't been able to find any at all.

Has anyone else had the same problem and then replaced with something else. If so can you let me know what it was.

The light ***emblies I have seen that are being sold as replacements for the 08V31-SEF-60011 doesn't have any vents in the plastic shroud for the left side but on mine the plastic shroud on the left has vents in it to allow air flow, I ***ume to the intercooler behind it. the others haven't.

Picture attached of my fog light l/h showing the vents in the plastic shroud.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Attachments

• front fog lights.jpg
    front fog lights.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 13
Couldn't you remove the fog lights from there shrouds and swap them and just use the old shroud with the new fog light ***embly?

No experience with the Mk7 so apologies if there is a reason this isn't possible.

Hi Blippi
Thanks for your reply
Life is never that easy is it???
As I showed in my post, the lights on my car are round. The only ones that are for sale are a different shape. Mostly semi elliptical even though the seller suggests they are for the Accord Mk7 diesel.
So can't do that.

That explains why it's not as simple as I thought haha.

If you measure the width of the existing fog lights/hole in shroud , there are generic aftermarket fog lights usually circular that you can buy that may fit the opening of the shroud. Might need some modified brackets but if fitted from behind you wouldn't have to be worried about cosmetics.

On the 7th gen pre facelift the diesel has round fogs and petrol has oval fogs. Although the bumper skins are identical and you can fit them, the oval ones don’t have the vents for the intercooler as you’ve found. Just search the breakers, I’m sure you’ll find one.