What's new

front fog lights

MOHAMMED FAS

Members
Reaction score
Car
HONDA ACCORD TYPE R
my 2001 honda accord does not have front fog lights, which I want to fit some in would I have to get all the wiring done to it or is the wiring already there. been told by a friend that a lot of cars front fog lights wiring is alreading fitted all they have to do is fit the lights and connect them up and also place a fuse in the fuse box and fit the front fog lights switch. Is that true or not?

Have a look around where they are normally fitted see if you can see the loom. You'd also need a relay.

not a fuse mate, you will need the relay. Not sure. Only one way to find our rights

If your car doesn't have fogs fitted already then you need to buy some fogs, and also the wiring to wire them in mate.

You'll also need a button of some sort to put in the car to work the lights.

hi m8 ave got 2L SE spec and same idea, iawant frong fogs too:D but some bad new for you. its not easy lol
there is wiring in the front for the fogs lights but you need to fit a slim Relay and a fuse. thats the easy bit.

hard part now! the switch to turn on the relay is not wired :( and the signal is taken from the inside drivers fuse box to the engine fuse box but i have not yet found this wire yet.

because the relay fits into the fuse box you CANT run a new wire to it.

maybe for speed you may be better to fit pre-wired light kit this give you the relay and all the wiring you need :D

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_169807_langId_-1_categoryId_165688

12 bucks from halfords

my 2001 honda accord does not have front fog lights, which I want to fit some in would I have to get all the wiring done to it or is the wiring already there. been told by a friend that a lot of cars front fog lights wiring is alreading fitted all they have to do is fit the lights and connect them up and also place a fuse in the fuse box and fit the front fog lights switch. Is that true or not?
CHEERS EVERYBODY KEEP YOUR INFO IN MIND. LET YOU HOW IIT GOES