What's new

Fuel Filter Change Facelift 7th Gen

Hi all, this thread is gold. Fingers crossed for me that this the same filter and process for a '54 i-CDTI tourer exec? If this is the case could somebody advise exactly what filter to buy and ideally somewhere trustworthy to get one from?

Theres a slight difference I believe between the facelift and your `54 pre facelift and theres some info Here

The only filter to use is a genuine Honda one. Holdcroft Honda, our affiliated dealer, will do you a good price and post it to you but obviously you could go to any honda dealer if you have one nearby.

Thanks for that. The Mrs. wanted it sorting asap as we're pretty much scuppered without the car so I took it to a local dealer who charged me £77 all in. The issues I was having seem to have disappeared and the car seems to have a bit more 'go' in it. Hopefully the fuel consumption will improve a bit as well.

Good stuff and £77 all in from a Honda dealer is fair in my opinion.

hello guys, long time lurker but 1st time post, followed the great guide the week before last and changed the filter, easyier than expected so very happy, however the car now seems to have a slight hesitation through the revs, i didnt do the final step with holding the revs at 2k, is this something that needs to be done??

any advice appreciated.

regards Mark

I've changed this filter once on my own car and yes, fiddly, but "do~able"
I'm just about to tackle it again and have been giving it some close looking at. Is it not possible to leave the housing etc in situ and do it from underneath the car ?
Just a thought ......

I've changed this filter once on my own car and yes, fiddly, but "do~able"
I'm just about to tackle it again and have been giving it some close looking at. Is it not possible to leave the housing etc in situ and do it from underneath the car ?
Just a thought ......

Ignore my post above, I did it again last night and remembered why it's not possible from underneath !
Also remembered why £39 for Honda to fit it for you (plus the part) is a bargain, and they can damn well do it next time !! :rolleyes:

Thank you for the tips!
Changed mine last weekend and everything went smoothly.
Took about 2h to complete, and was a lot easier than I thought before. :)

Spud7 said:
Ignore my post above, I did it again last night and remembered why it's not possible from underneath !
Also remembered why £39 for Honda to fit it for you (plus the part) is a bargain, and they can damn well do it next time !! http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/rolleyes.gif
Spud, please enlighten me. I'm in the middle of this job, got the old filter out with the housing in situ with no problems but I can't get the new one back in. The housing seems too tight and I can't spin the new filter on (it's a genuine Honda part) Is this anything to do with why do you say the housing needs to be removed?

Wow, what an absolute PITA procedure for a fuel filter. It's like every 5 minute job on this car takes half a day..