What's new

fuel filter problem?

TheJamMod

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord
Had the car serviced on Saturday, included coolant and gearbox oil change. I bought all genuine Honda parts and oils myself.
The car sounded reasonable fine on Saturday night on the motorway and on Sunday urban driving. This morning I started the car and I could hear a water trickling sound from behind the clock.

Even I was driving it I could hear it... until I put my foot down - then it went silent.

Did they forget to bleed the fuel filter? Sounds like air in the system to me.

Had the car serviced on Saturday, included coolant and gearbox oil change. I bought all genuine Honda parts and oils myself.
The car sounded reasonable fine on Saturday night on the motorway and on Sunday urban driving. This morning I started the car and I could hear a water trickling sound from behind the clock.

Even I was driving it I could hear it... until I put my foot down - then it went silent.

Did they forget to bleed the fuel filter? Sounds like air in the system to me.

Well, I still get this problem in the morning. Disappears when I have driven it for a bit. Really odd.

are you sure you don't actually have some sort of a water leak somewhere?

that's a really weird one.

are you sure you don't actually have some sort of a water leak somewhere?

that's a really weird one.

Nah, it's definitely fuel filter related because when I turn the ignition for the glow plugs I can hear something winding and it's synced to the fuel gauge movement. I'm baffled. It doesn't affect performance or mpg. I will try and get a video of this.

If it makes a noise as soon as you turn the ignition on (but before you've started the engine) then is definitely isn't fuel filter related... the fuel pump is not electric and no fuel is pumped (or even moved at all) until the engine is actually turning over.

I've no idea what the problem might be. Maybe you should have taken it back to where it was serviced and complained to them when you first realised that there was a problem - that might still be the best course of action?

I know what the problem is. It's coolant. I had it changed in Aug. The heating was sporadic today, sometimes heat was coming through and sometimes not, and I had it on high. Air in the system?

Probably needs bleeding properly... http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/12678-coolant-bleed/page__p__140815__hl__bleeding__fromsearch__1#entry140815

I was going to say coolant