What's new

going limp

darkl0rd

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2005
hi guys... got a 2005 model a couple of months ago. Recently i noticed that after accelerating past 3000 revs on 3rd gear car goes into limp mode. any idea what could be? also, there seems to be a whining noise on 1st gear which i ***ume it has to do with the turbo. could they be related?

:lol: i love your thread ***le!

First things first:
do you have a GENUINE honda fuel filter fitted?
If not this is your first port of call (and i would put money down on this being the fault)

The turbo on on the accord is notoriously whistly when cold due to the VNT (variable nossel turbo) although it should quieten down when the engines warm

TheHole said:
:lol: i love your thread ***le!

First things first:
do you have a GENUINE honda fuel filter fitted?
If not this is your first port of call (and i would put money down on this being the fault)

I am only ***uming it is... had service done some 1000 miles ago. i'll check it out with my mechanic see what he fitted thanks :)

TheHole said:
The turbo on on the accord is notoriously whistly when cold due to the VNT (variable nossel turbo) although it should quieten down when the engines warm
well that answers it :) it only seems to do it when cold so that solves a part of the worries :) thanks ;)

First thing would be to have the ecu scanned for errors and then determine where the fault lies

F6HAD said:
First thing would be to have the ecu scanned for errors and then determine where the fault lies
would an ecu scan show for examle if the fuel filter is not genuine like Adam said? sorry i'm asking noob questions but kinda new at this :)

No but it would show if you have a fuel pressure rated error which would be a strong indicator.

A quick visual inspection can normally tell if it's an aftermarket or genuine filter.

Where are you located? I provide a diagnostic service

F6HAD said:
No but it would show if you have a fuel pressure rated error which would be a strong indicator.

A quick visual inspection can normally tell if it's an aftermarket or genuine filter.

Where are you located? I provide a diagnostic service
malta :) a bit far off i guess :D but thanks for the help now i know where to start ;)

I have similar problem, engine light on,when is cold rev stuck at 2100,when is warm rev is ok but engine light still on.my mechanic suspected glow plugs and after testing them he found out one of them was showing high resistance.anyway
Glow plug was replaced, but no luck. Did diagnostic check which shows code p1384 glow plug circuit malfunction.have any
of our members or readers have had this?

P1384 indicates that either your glow plug relay is shot or one of your plugs is knackered. A manual test doesn't always show the culprit, and i can tell you from experience you MUST use genuine Honda glow plugs in this engine. The ecu is expecting a specific resistance and response time from the relay, and non genuine plugs aren't made to the same quality and tolerance.

Thanks fahad , one of the glow plug was faulty, change the plug the engine light gone off and now is perfect. Let's see in the morning when the engine is cold because the past couple of days it has been very smoky