What's new

Had it a week and its started cutting out

Well shes running fine today with no problems ive code red it and it came up with 2 codes (5F0A) and (5F10) both unknown which isnt a lot of help. I took the flow meter out and checked it was nice and clean also had the map sensor out of it which was covered in gunk hard to believe that it could be working. Im going to get the EGR deleted at some point ive not got the time at the mo can i block the EGR off anyone done this?.

Well shes running fine today with no problems ive code red it and it came up with 2 codes (5F0A) and (5F10) both unknown which isnt a lot of help. I took the flow meter out and checked it was nice and clean also had the map sensor out of it which was covered in gunk hard to believe that it could be working. Im going to get the EGR deleted at some point ive not got the time at the mo can i block the EGR off anyone done this?.

leave it well alone then and consider it problem solved.

The codes will no doubt clear in time. Only mess with it if it is not running ok.

MAF sensors are extremely delicate and damage easily. Leave it well alone unless you absolutely have to clean it.

can i block the EGR off anyone done this?.

Absolutely not mate, it will throw up errors for egr stuck closed and allsorts of ***ociated errors relating to fuel pressure and injector problems. Its a very complex loop in these engines, not like the old VW tdi's..

since my last post 04.01.2012 i have changed the fuel filter for a genuine bosch and after three weeks and much finger crossing my problems seem to be cured! Prior to this i had faulty injectors sorted (all under fueling and caused it to stall when hesitating at 3000rpm) and now after 6 months the car i bought is finally behaving like it should! :p

Well ive had the dreaded EGR fault again kicking out blue/white diesel smoke and not wanting start poxy thing need to get this off'ed soon.

Drop me a line, let's sort this out.

mmm had this problem again but interestingly i recon its to do with using the AC any one come across this problem.