What's new

Have I used the wrong oil?

Jon_G said:
The chains wear due to soot contamination in the oil, not the cold start rating of the engine oil. A good reason to replace the engine oil at intervals much less than the recommended 12.5k miles!

I avoid the Lubetech stuff merely because I don't want to end up with a giant drum that does not divide equally by the amount required for an oil change. My last oil (Total Quartz 9000) cost less than £4/L anyway.
Buy two then you will have enough. LOL why would an engine fitted with a dpf get recommended to use low saps? As you know I have not a lot of faith in garages, but I am always willing learn.
https://www.theaa.com/driving-advice/service-repair/engine-oils-viscosity-and-specification

this might put this subject to bed.

PS. With the club discount 20 liters of lo saps works out at £4.50, and the stuff you use is even cheaper

http://www.lubetechshop.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=22_27&products_id=44

Let's not start the 0w or 5W debate both are suitable the chain is damaged by sludge and not changing oil on times, in uk 5w is sufficient as we forgave super - temperatures you can use 0w but 5w actually reduces engine wear by 30%, the camera video is good idea and could potentially work.
I would have said live stream to waiting room would be the best you guys have given me a business idea, I could install cctv for large dealers but they wouldn't want that would they

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

There are obviously many garages that couldn't or wouldn't want to offer anything kind of video like that, but if I'm going to a dealer and paying £100 per hour I want to see who did what on the car. Rather than a DVD they could set up streaming with a code for the day. Because I never knew what had been done, and even having ambiguous reports of things, was one of the main reasons I stopped paying and decided to DIY everything.

The previous owner of my mk8 paid £800 for four follow up services, but only had had three before he parted with it, to be fair Honda allowed the last one to be honoured to me but reading the schedule of what was required to be done I am convinced that several bits were given the miss. Like Freddo I will do my own thing, until I am unable to, and then use my trusted garage, but even then supply the parts required.