What's new

headlight height adjustment

Rinesh

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4 Executive
Hi all,

I would like to know if it is possible to adjust the height of the headlight manually. I have the 2.4 EX with HID and auto height adjustment. Since a few weeks i have noticed that the headlights are pointing to low. Also normally i could see a straight line in front of me when the car was pointed to a wall (the projection of the light) . Even that is gone now. The line is not straight anymore. I looked under the bonnet and on the headlight unit there is something written about adjusting the headlight Up and Down but i could not find any screw or anything to adjust.

So if it is possible to manually adjust, can someone please tell me how to? Or is there anyone who had the same issue and how did you solve it?

ps. The HID lamps are approx. 3 months old and they seem to work well ( in terms of brightness) and the glass of my headlight are clean.

Kind regards,
Rinesh

Hi all,

I would like to know if it is possible to adjust the height of the headlight manually. I have the 2.4 EX with HID and auto height adjustment. Since a few weeks i have noticed that the headlights are pointing to low. Also normally i could see a straight line in front of me when the car was pointed to a wall (the projection of the light) . Even that is gone now. The line is not straight anymore. I looked under the bonnet and on the headlight unit there is something written about adjusting the headlight Up and Down but i could not find any screw or anything to adjust.

So if it is possible to manually adjust, can someone please tell me how to? Or is there anyone who had the same issue and how did you solve it?

ps. The HID lamps are approx. 3 months old and they seem to work well ( in terms of brightness) and the glass of my headlight are clean.

Kind regards,
Rinesh

Have a look hear
http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/13984-auto-levelling-headlamps-and-mots/

Yes, the HIDs can be adjusted, provides the controller and levelling sensors are all good. To do this see here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAE2ZUMHhOQ