What's new

Headlight Washer problem

waj1974

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord i-ctdi
Guys, with the freezing weather taking a hold on the uk, my passenger side headlight washer has stopped working... Initially I thought it was froze but when I press the stalk it doesn't come up while the other side is working fine, I can even pull the washer up and down....anyone with similar problem or remedy please....

i would say its still frozen if one works the other should they only lift under the pressure of the water

Yep could be frozen if not first job is to remove the top part of the bumper and peel it forward so you can see the headlight washer unit. Look for any loose washer hoses either at that unit or further down as IIRC it has some joining connectors.

My mates CL9 had this last winter, the pump unit had leaked slightly and the fluid had frozen (bad ratio of screen wash mix) this had expanded and caused damage to the pump unit. He replaced it I dont think it was mega bucks. But worth checking the hoses ect... first IMO.

sounds like its frozen mate, had the same problem last year. I would just let it defrost in its own time and it should come back

yep frozen mate mine sometimes stays up then closes when defrosted

IIRC the washers rely on the washer fluid pressure to raise the sprayer out of the bumper to spray the headlight. So if the washer fluid has frozen the sprayer wont even lift out of the bumper. Hence sometimes the sprayer wont shut properly either when its cold (had this in the last week). Just let it warm up and it should sort itself.

Then increase the concentration of washer fluid.

I clamp my supply pipe to the front light washers in winter (daft i know) but I snapped off a cover last year and they are £54 each!

Steve