What's new

Headlining Cleaning

Mallo

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord EX CTDI '06
Hi there,

Got a couple of pretty nasty marks in the headlining - wondering if 2001 dry foam or similar is the best way to go? Any tips welcome as I don't want to spread the mess!

Cheers

Simon

I had this same issue, as my car sunroof cover was always left open by the previous owner and when I shut it there was a difference in the colour as the part which was closed was very clean lol I used Autoglym interior foam and it did a great job... but you will also need a bit of elbow grease too! but then again it depends on your marks and if your a smoker or not.... any how good luck with it mate!

Foam it is then - will try a dry carpet one as I think for this situation there really isn't going to be a difference from automotive products.

Simon

Or Autoglym interior shampoo and a sponge and a bowl of warm water. regularly wash the sponge but keep as dry as possible.

Not tried the foam to be honest,

Would be interested to know how you got on

I used the Autoglym foam shampoo on mine and it did the trick.

Note - we use vanish foaming cleaner in the house, i tried the Autoglym on a stain on one of our rugs and it did a better job than the vanish stuff ......;)

I used the Autoglym foam shampoo on mine and it did the trick.

Note - we use vanish foaming cleaner in the house, i tried the Autoglym on a stain on one of our rugs and it did a better job than the vanish stuff ......:rolleyes:

You really cannot argue with Autoglym interior shampoo for most things I have found, I've tried others but this is just the best all rounder IMHO.

Don't think I've even seen the foam shampoo, but in all honesty I now am pretty much automatic when stocking up and go for the AG interior, is the foam version just as good at getting deep stains ?

Just watch the amount of water / product you use when doing the headlining otherwise you can get nasty water marks.