What's new

Heater Matrix Leaking

GAZB

Members
Reaction score
Car
HONDA ACCORD CTDI
Got coolant leaking onto my passenger footwell , seems to lose more when cars been parked up for a few days , put some sealer in system last week which sealed it okay for a few days but now its leaking again , anyone ever changed the matrix on the Accord 2.2 CTDI

As no-one else has replied so far, I've had a look on my Workshop DVD and the heater matrix is inside the "heater core".

To remove the "heater core" you need to remove the entire dash.

Thanks mate , got an heater matrix and cars booked into garage on Tuesday , why the dash is coming out I may as well change the heater motor flap on my drivers side that's blowing cold all the time

Anyone know the part number for the motor flap that controls the drivers side heating

Not been quoted a price mate but it needs doing ASAP , I use a local mechanic who's good on prices , he's done a lot of heater matrix's over the years , he told me the full dash has to come out to get at the matrix , I'm a private hire night taxi driver , the last 3 nights have been terrible , Windows steamed up after every job I do and heater blowing cold on me , tonight was -1 felt like I'd been out in the cold all night , sooner it's done the better

that sounds a real pain

if you can, you might want to wait until the heater core is out before deciding what is/was causing the driver's side to only blow cold

some pics of everything would be good if you can get some

Cars fixed now all heaters work perfectly think it was just the heater matrix leaking and blocked up causing the drivers side heaters to blow cold , however why it was all out I got a replacement motor flap for the drivers side from a breakers and let the mechanic swap it over

Was a big job , all the dashboard and centre console etc had to come out , called round to have a look when all removed and was shocked to see everything was removed just to replace a smallish rectangular radiator , mechanic said it was time consuming removing the dash and trim as the plastic parts break easily if not removed correctly

Picked car up tonight and was made up to have lovely warm heating again

Removing all that lot, knowing you have to put it all back, is the worst kind of job on a car that I can imagine doing myself.

How many hours did it take the mechanic ?

He had it 2 full days mate and worked up until late on a night , car looked like it had been in a breakers stripped down , wires and plugs everywhere , he's a top mechanic probably not many would of even took the job on , he said if he did it again it would not take him as long , he just had to be careful unclipping plastic bits etc Incase they broke especially in this cold weather and every electrical clip had a different clipping together method , the full dashboard weighs a ton with the metal frame

The only way I would attempt something like that myself, is round the back of my house with a week of guaranteed warm weather and no rain. Even then, I'd question my sanity at times LOL

If the bill was less than £500 then you got a bargain ;)