What's new

Heater Problems

bikerman

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Sport
Hello All

I'm new hear, was a member of the HAOC site, but that one seems to be down/finished....

Anyhow, back to my heater problems...

My heater will only blow on max.... settings 1, 2, and 3 have nothing....

Bizzarly, around 3 weeks after this happening the same thing happened on the wifes focus! weird!! That turned out to be a heater Resistor needed replacing..

I guess it must be something similar on the accord, anyone know what it is? is there a heater resistor on the accord?

Any help would be appreciated

BM

from memory, when I worked for Honda, there is a resistor that goes. Can't remember which models were affected now though.

Hello chaps

Thanks for the responses.

The car doesn't have climate control, and it's not that the heater is blowing cold, it is not blowing at all on settings 1, 2 or 3.... only on full blast will the fan start to blow .... I am guessing it is an electrical fault similar to the focus

Hi

I've seen some references to a heater blower resistor on the accord

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2444716

they refer to a company called slhonda.com, but the site no longer exists... Anyone got a diagram of the part and it's location... I may take a trip to the local breaker.....

Cheers

It sounds like a resisitor , it shows it on Lings for My wife's 6th Gen W reg.

I remember having to change this on some Primera's that we had, does exactly what you describe, only blows at max and from memory when you switch to the other settings, nothing comes through. Looks like it £30 quid or so.

Alternatively on Ebay there seems to be a company that will repair for £13.50, but you also need to fork out the delivery to them and wait, whilst having no air here's the link for your reference EBAY

Also I would imagine in one of the workshop manuals you should get an idea of where the part is located and how to get to it.

Haven't done one on the Accord yet (touching wood).

Just as a point if there is activity from the fan on setting 1 2 or 3, but no air is getting through it could be a clogged up pollen filter, had this problem on our 6th Gen even though full Honda Service throughout, not too sure whether dealer sticking to the replacement program. Anyhow that is easy to do also

Hi Chaps

Thanks for the help... looks like I have managed to locate the part on the link pepster provided

http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17S1T01&block_02=B__1711&block_03=2653

mucho grasias!

I will let yo all know how I get on!

Cheers

BM

My fan ***y does excatly the same as this, nothing on 1-3 and full power on 4.

Apologies for sounding dim but got the diagram off the above site but cant find a reference to where the Blower sub ***y is, so that i can get the resistor out?

Any help gratefullly received.

Asho.

My fan ***y does excatly the same as this, nothing on 1-3 and full power on 4.

Apologies for sounding dim but got the diagram off the above site but cant find a reference to where the Blower sub ***y is, so that i can get the resistor out?

Any help gratefullly received.

Asho.

I still haven't fixed mine but i believe it is behind the glovebox somewhere... could be wrong though

The heater resistor pack, is definitely the culprit here, and is as previously stated around £30 from Honda. Is held in by two screws under the heater motor which you can see from the passenger footwell. 15 minute job and all will be well.

The heater resistor pack, is definitely the culprit here, and is as previously stated around £30 from Honda. Is held in by two screws under the heater motor which you can see from the passenger footwell. 15 minute job and all will be well.

Completed this job bit awkward to get at as on your back in footwell!!! . I repaired mine in the end. The printed resistor lines inside were fine, it was the corrosion that was creating the problem so got rid of as much corrsion as possible then soldered some wire across the terminals. To do this you have to take the resistor pack to pieces maybe worth a bit of time if your buying a new one anyway...

Thanks

Asho.