What's new

Help please... Clutch?

valhalla

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord 7th gen
Hey guys, happy holidays to you all.

Please can someone offer some advice, i think i have a clutch problem, i ave read a few posts here but cannot see any similar issues.

I was driving my accord fine, i went to change gear and wen i came up of the clutch pedal it sprung up with alot more force than usual, The next time i pressed down on the clutch the pedal stuck to the floor and would not release, i had to pull it up with my hand. This is the second time it has happened, at first i thought it may have been a one off. I am more than happy to get the clutch replaced if this is the cause but just being after Christmas and also needing a new boiler my funds are on the lower side i can get the clutch done but cant really afford a new fly wheel. I have only owned the car for around 5 weeks. The car has warranty but wear and tear items such as clutch is not covered :( but thats pretty much standard everywhere

The car itself is a 2006 manual 6 speed 2.2cdti and it has covered 116k

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Kind Regards

Danny

Mine did this a few times a year ago and on the odd occasion since my car is a similar age with 125000miles.Most the time my clutch is fine now all tho it has slipped a few times in 5th gear.Im tight so I'll wait for it to die. Most people suggested I bleed the clutch first but I've never got around to it.

probobly One of the pipes leaking and sucking air i had same problem on my mazda 6. Check all slave cylinder pipes replace it if needed and dont forget bleed system.