What's new

HELP!

That's good news and glad you got it sorted :)

Is it Aberdeen honda dealer ?? seems like a good service

that's great news i wish mine cost that rather than 585 pounds

That's excellent news,

I still keep my fingers crossed for a little while longer, just to ensure the car is fine :)

Haha, thanks guys.
Yeah even I could not moan about paying 55 Quid either that or 585.
I did ask them to give the car a wash, and that was not done, so I had to drive home in a dirty car. :(

On the plus side though, I did get to give my baby a good wash and spent some quality time with her. :)

How long should I take it easy for to "run" the clutch in?

Thanks again guys you are brilliant.

@Ann Kelvin. yeah it was Honda here in Aberdeen. (Town and County Honda)
They were very nice and friendly, I just find that there are a few little things that niggel me about the people service there.
Saying that, I'm sure once they get used to me and my ways and vice versa all the little creases will be ironed out.

Haha, I gotta take my car in for a service in a month or so. I wonder what kind of adventure I'm gonna have with them then.

One last thing cause I'm rambeling on here. Are services covered under warrentee?

Personally I would give it a tank's worth of careful driving, but perhaps you can get away with half - see what the others say.

Haha, thanks guys.
Yeah even I could not moan about paying 55 Quid either that or 585.
I did ask them to give the car a wash, and that was not done, so I had to drive home in a dirty car. :(

On the plus side though, I did get to give my baby a good wash and spent some quality time with her. :)

How long should I take it easy for to "run" the clutch in?

Thanks again guys you are brilliant.

@Ann Kelvin. yeah it was Honda here in Aberdeen. (Town and County Honda)
They were very nice and friendly, I just find that there are a few little things that niggel me about the people service there.
Saying that, I'm sure once they get used to me and my ways and vice versa all the little creases will be ironed out.

Haha, I gotta take my car in for a service in a month or so. I wonder what kind of adventure I'm gonna have with them then.

One last thing cause I'm rambeling on here. Are services covered under warrentee?

I would take it easy for the 1st 300 miles then the clutch should be bed in nicely.

To be honest not a bad thing, after all the guy washing it doesn't love your car the way you do and therefore not going to give it the same respect either.

Plus quite often it's not dried down, due to time, so you get water spots etc and end up doing the job again yourself.

Oh and did you stall it when you first set off?

Excellent result. I suppose technically they didn't cover the release bearing as it's not part of a clutch job in the sense that it will still be in full working order so a warranty company won't pay for a part that isn't broken.

To be honest not a bad thing, after all the guy washing it doesn't love your car the way you do and therefore not going to give it the same respect either.

Plus quite often it's not dried down, due to time, so you get water spots etc and end up doing the job again yourself.

Oh and did you stall it when you first set off?

Haha, Yeah I stalled like 3 times. The clutch seemed really hard to push in. But then again I was also driving a Jazz.
Get the hang of it now though and it's a completly differant car. Sooooo much more responsive.

Also 300 miles huh? or a tank of fuel. Will keep that in mind guys. Thanks for the advise.

@F6HAD, I guess you right, I'm just glad the warrany company decided to pay for it.

So guys and gals with clutch problems, if you take it in under warranty and the warranty company take their time in making the decision as to wether or not they are going to pay for it. Take it as a good sign.
:p

Dumbass question: How do you drive so as to be careful with a new clutch?
Not to be aggressive on the clutch. Not to full throttle the car for the first 500-1000 miles and just generally taking it easy on the clutch. Trying to set off as easily as possible. When a new clutch is installed it has to be able to bed in properly and feel the flywheel and adjust to its surface.

No such thing as a dumbass question dude. The only stupid questions are the ones that are not asked.

Besides if you don't ask, you wont find out.

UPDATE: Car is freakin' awesome. Just need to get a full service done in the next month or two and it will be like a brand new car.
Also time to start thinking about getting a full LED conversion and so on.
BRING IT ON!!!! :) :)