What's new

Hid and Led Questions

Dave04

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Diesel
Hi, I recently bought a HID kit and when it turned up I couldn’t get it to fit. The bulbs wouldn’t fit through the hole in the housing they had a metal shield around the bulb and I’m now thinking that I was meant to remove this, it’s the same as the one on the far left in the picture in this link http://www.rclick.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=72&products_id=974 did anyone else have troubles fitting thier kit and what did your bulbs look like? Also I did read on here at some point that led bulbs can cause interference with the diesels, is this correct as I’m wanting to do a full led conversion?

Dave if thats H4 then its the wrong lamps you need H1.
As for the LEDS i had mine for over a year and no problems at all.
I think it all depends on the seller and also some cars except them and some dont.

I did get H1 kit but just used that picture as they looked the same, I've already started changing to leds without problems so if noone else comes up having troubles then I think ill just keep changing them then

I did get H1 kit but just used that picture as they looked the same, I've already started changing to leds without problems so if noone else comes up having troubles then I think ill just keep changing them then
Ok then 100% these HIDS will fit trust me.They only go in one way and from memory they are a tight fit.
You just need to take your time and be careful no to scratch the glass on the lamp.

Dave iv just looked at mine and they dont have a shield like the link.
Can you take a photo of your lamp so i can look.
Im thinking you might have brought a combined normal + full beam set but i could be wrong.

Sorry about the late reply but i ended up having to go into work, this isnt a photo of mine but is exactly the same http://imageshack.us/f/177/dsc01852a.jpg/ . It would appear that the company sent me H4 bulbs instead of H1 like i asked for.

yep it looks that way.
I the company won't take them back for any reason I'm sure they will fit the front fogs.
jav has these fitted and look good.
but double check the fitment

The company have decided to send me out some H1 bulbs so should have more luck the second time i fit them lol