What's new

Horn Not Working, Not the Fuse.

Conor1

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 I-CTDI
Hey,

Horn stopped working recently, not too sure how long as I rarely use it, but it's due for MOT in 3 weeks so i was just checking over and it's not working.
Checked the fuse and it's fine, so i bought a replacement universal and brought it to be fitted. Was told there was no power getting to the horn itself.

Booked it in with an auto electrical garage.

Anyone any idea what could cause this or roughly how expensive of a fix it can be?

Conor1 said:
Hey,

Horn stopped working recently, not too sure how long as I rarely use it, but it's due for MOT in 3 weeks so i was just checking over and it's not working.
Checked the fuse and it's fine, so i bought a replacement universal and brought it to be fitted. Was told there was no power getting to the horn itself.

Booked it in with an auto electrical garage.

Anyone any idea what could cause this or roughly how expensive of a fix it can be?
You fitted a replacement universal horn and it still doesn't work? Could be a connection, wiring or the horn relay. If you're not handy with a multimeter, then an auto-electrician would be the only sensible option.

Haven't got a clue what this might cost, but good luck with the repair! Please do let us know how you get on...

Jon_G said:
You fitted a replacement universal horn and it still doesn't work? Could be a connection, wiring or the horn relay. If you're not handy with a multimeter, then an auto-electrician would be the only sensible option.

Haven't got a clue what this might cost, but good luck with the repair! Please do let us know how you get on...

freddofrog said:
if there is a relay then it will be that

Hey, I posted in a new thread.
Turns out it's the airbag connection ring.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/19129-airbag-connection-broken/