What's new

How do you fit an aftermarket stereo in the 7th Gen?

robinhood1701

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2i CDTi
I've just got my'04 iCDTi, and would like to fit my Pioneer DEH-X6500DAB unit in a Connects 2 Facia Plate CT24HD04, below the original unit, and fit a adaptor wiring harness to give steering wheel control to the Pioneer, I believe incartec do one, a
29-663, or Autoleads PC99 X61, do I also need a aerial lead adaptor to convert Honda to standard, Connects2 seem to do one, a CT27AA26
http://mobile.connects2.com/#/Product/Item/CT27AA26/
which I'd like to connect to a DAB splitter, a Autoleads PC6-536 - DAB Aerial splitter which I've used before on a Toyota Avensis.

What I'd like to know is, has anyone done similar?
Is there a guide for doing this on a 7th Gen, I've seen the guide for the 6th Gen
http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/13487-how-to-fit-an-aftermarket-stereo-in-the-6th-gen/
But the 7th Gen is obviously different, any help would be great, thanks.

pretty sure you dont need an adapter for the aerial however could be wrong. Its just a standard aerial

Thanks, think the aerial plug should be ok,
Not sure if the Autoleads PC6-536 - DAB splitter will work tho on the Accords rear screen antenna?
As a newbie, am ***uming that's where it is?
Anyone installed DAB radio?

I have done a stereo retro fit on my 7th gen Accord Euro R. Has a momo wheel, no stereo buttons so no need to worry about them. The std accord antenna uses a standard plug, so just needs to be unplugged and plugged into the new stereo. I also have DAB. I have a DAB aerial stuck to inside of my windscreen on the drivers side.

Thanks uknowiama, glad it's std,
You don't know if the factory fitted aerial on the rear screen is amplified?
Am thinking it maybe, being a rear screen fit,
Am hoping to fit a Autoleads PC6-536 DAB Radio Car Stereos Aerial Antenna Splitter which is compatible with all non amplified aerials

Davidjames I'm fitting an Alpine unit into my accord done all the wiring but have no sound now, original unit works fine, I've conected it via splitter which gives power to original unit and Alpine and speakers goes only to Alpine. How did you connected it???

Hi Rokis, i am attempting similar project but using a pioneer unit i also have no sound.You said it was the power antena cable, which/ what colour is that and where does it conect to? i ask as i dont have a wiring diagram for my 2.0 petrol tourer.I have power to the new unit both constant and switched also earthed unit + speakers conected but no sound. Any advice would be good as to solve this as it looks to be a similar problem to yours.

Hi m8, sorry for delay to answer, on my Alpine it's blue lead wich connects just on top right of the harness next to red ignition on cable, I think it should be blue on yours as well as I think they should have same coulour codes, and Honda's power antena colour is yeallow with green stripe. Hopefully that helps, and I'm not too late to answer;)

Hi Rokis thanks for your reply, i will try this later when i get home. Hopefully this will sort it, will keep you posted.

Hi Rokis not had chance to try sorting wiring out before tonight, i have a premium sound system with factory fitted amp cant suss out where to conect the blue wire as the green/yellow is a speaker wire on mine. no mention of antenea wire on diagram i have of 20 pin plug or the smaller 14 pin one which dosnt have a green/yellow wire, but a couple are marked as driver sheilding and passenger sheilding cant suss them out but are on sound system amp . any ideas, would be good.

Cavity

[SIZE=medium]Wire [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Connect to [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Cavity [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Wire [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Connect to [/SIZE]

A1

[SIZE=medium]BLK/RED [/SIZE]​

[SIZE=medium]Right tweeter (+) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]A11 [/SIZE]​

[SIZE=medium]PNK/BLK [/SIZE]​

[SIZE=medium]Right tweeter (-) [/SIZE]

A2

[SIZE=medium]GRN/YEL [/SIZE]​

[SIZE=medium]Front passenger's door speaker (+) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]A12 [/SIZE]​

[SIZE=medium]GRY [/SIZE]​

[SIZE=medium]Front passenger's door speaker (-) [/SIZE]

A3

[SIZE=medium]GRN/BLK [/SIZE]​

[SIZE=medium]Driver's door speaker (+) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]A13 [/SIZE]​

[SIZE=medium]LT GRN [/SIZE]​

[SIZE=medium]Driver's door speaker (-) [/SIZE]

A4

[SIZE=medium]BLU/ORN [/SIZE]​

[SIZE=medium]Left tweeter (+) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]A14 [/SIZE]​

[SIZE=medium]GRY/BLU [/SIZE]​

[SIZE=medium]Left tweeter (-) [/SIZE]

A5

[SIZE=medium]RED [/SIZE]​

[SIZE=medium]Right rear speaker (+) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]A15 [/SIZE]​

[SIZE=medium]BRN [/SIZE]​

[SIZE=medium]Right rear speaker (-) [/SIZE]

A6

[SIZE=medium]WHT [/SIZE]​

[SIZE=medium]Left rear speaker (+) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]A16 [/SIZE]​

[SIZE=medium]GRN [/SIZE]​

[SIZE=medium]Left rear speaker (-) [/SIZE]

A7

[SIZE=medium]BLU/RED [/SIZE]​

[SIZE=medium]Right rear door speaker (+) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]A17 [/SIZE]​

[SIZE=medium]BLU/ORN [/SIZE]​

[SIZE=medium]Right rear door speaker (-) [/SIZE]

A8

[SIZE=medium]PNK/BLU [/SIZE]​

[SIZE=medium]Left rear door speaker (+) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]A18 [/SIZE]​

[SIZE=medium]PUR [/SIZE]​

[SIZE=medium]Left rear door speaker (-) [/SIZE]

A9

[SIZE=medium]RED [/SIZE]​

[SIZE=medium]ACC (main stereo power supply) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]A19 [/SIZE]​

[SIZE=medium]——— [/SIZE]​

[SIZE=medium]Not used [/SIZE]

A10

[SIZE=medium]WHT/BLU [/SIZE]​

[SIZE=medium]Constant power [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]A20 [/SIZE]​

[SIZE=medium]BLK [/SIZE]​

[SIZE=medium]Ground (G504) [/SIZE]

Hi all ive a 2007 tourer.ive kept the original standard radio and added a connects2 highlevel line converter to the rear speaker channels and added my two 12" subs to the boot.standard rca leads cant be added to the original head unit but now the car is booming like a good un.!

Well, I think of only one way, connect harnesses turn on radio and that blue wire and try touching all other wires which you are not sure of what they do, well it is risky cuz you might get shorting some wires and burn some fuses but there is a chance that you will find the right one, but it's up to you to take risk mate;)

Hi i will get some spare fuses and have a play, it will be next weekend before i have time to try it though. Fingers crossed that i find/sort it will report back here.