What's new

i just cant help myself

I could try and get you one of these for about 35quid.

i have one fittex to my car and it looks amazing. genuine carbon too ;)
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/adamrobertsgb/DSC0577
photo-43.jpg

i dont know, i think i like it as is, if i got real carbon then it'll make the other stuff look rubbish ha,
erm will have a think thanks for the offer

I like the carbon on the grille trim mate, nice job, cars looking good.

The H is definitely a personal taste mod, I've seen blacked out and carbon H's that look great.
I went the red badge route, but the chrome is one of my biggest dislikes so anything to remove more of that stuff gets my vote.

Not sure about the smoked lens's. They look good and I've considered the mod myself, but how does it affect the headlamps and fog output?

I've just put 5k hid's in as the 6k weren't bright enough. if you get a chance can you post a pic of the lights on at night.

I'm still considering doing a light tint of all lights front and back.

well its fly eye on the headlights not a solid film, doesnt affect it very much at all, has small holes in the film to allow more light out, fully legal
i'll get the picture for you soon as

Interesting colour choice. I really like it.

another pic of the caliper
had to wash the car when i got home because a guy at work splattered paint down the side, got it off

does a honda s2000 gear knob fit the accord? want to replace mine looking very tatty
plus would 35mm all round down be low enough?

Your car is looking great buddy, love what you have done to it so far! To answer your question about lowering...how low do you want to go? if you want a subtle drop (30-35mm), then lowering springs will do you fine for looks and probably decrease the bodyroll but puts your shocks under more stress. If you want to go lower, you will most likely kill your shocks with lowering springs and better off with coilovers...which brings me onto my coilover group buy thread hehe coilovers

Anyway, i found this pic on google and it is lowered 35mm. This will give you an idea.

1-52.jpg

However, coilovers will let you go as low as you like, for example this shows a slightly lower drop than the above:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/oncam/4779345632/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/oncam/4446281163/

OR slam that badboy B) :

6924187353_53ccef5df9_o.jpg

I makes a huge difference makes me smile every time I hit the loud pedal, and it is loud as the revs build defo a mod with smile factor!!
I have recently been bumped and I need a new front bumper just looking at other threads about front bumpers will let everyone know what happens and what I do with it...gutted tho :(

So here is the damage...doesn't look much but that's because I've tided it up so I could drive it whilst I waited for repair, it goes in tomorrow. Its done in the wing, bumper has nearly all its mountings ripped off, the grill has been snapped, the headlights are damaged, the alloy needs refurbing, the steering has been knocked out of alignment so I have quiet a to do list.
Whilst its at the body shop its having the rear bumper touched up as well as the bumper modding before going back on, its having the number plate holes filled in.

the brand new bumper, pretty cheap and the repaired grill, will show all when its done, bit excited to see the results.
I have a brand new o/s headlight but still looking for the n/s, everything else should be ready.

Whilst all this has been going on I have been fighting with a gear issue, really annoying, it doesn't engage 2nd sometimes, it crunches into 1st and reverse sometimes, sometimes it works absolutely fine, I have been attempting to tick off the cheaper jobs first before it goes off for a clutch or gearbox refurb.
the items I have done: I've lubricated the linkages, taken up the slack in the gear selector cables, gearbox oil change, and re-secured the clutch pedal and master cylinder. jobs still to do: clutch fluid change.
The clutch pedal needed doing because the previous owner had problems with the gears before and noticed the clutch pedal bracket had snapped and caused damaged to the master cylinder, so he changed the master cylinder and repaired the pedal but because of a basic mechanical knowledge he had left the most awkward nut loose (not on purpose, it had come loose with use)

the picture shows one of the nuts, the other is hidden behind the metal bracket to the top left, you can see some of the weld from the previous repair above the master cylinder.

this picture shows that you cant see the nut at any position that you can get your head in, it was all done by feel and I had to buy a stubby 12mm spanner. Not fun!

its done and the results are awesome, the bumper has had the holes filled in and the results speak for itself! well happy

That's good mate.

an update on the gear prob, the clutch fluid change and securing the pedal has made a huge difference to the driving experience, it runs really well now

I like your mods m8. One question thou, didn't you have a 53 reg on previous pics?

Hello mate I like what you've done to your car I'm just wondering how or what did you do to you headlights to make them black
I would love to do mine like that

astra02 said:
finally turned up and finally fitted

makes a big difference and the induction roar is awsome
HI Joe,

Love the induction kit, where did you get it from as I'm after 1 for my car?
Also noticed that your cone is well down as I can't see it in the picture, have you removed the factory cold air feed to get your pipes to go down that far?
Most other peoples cones are right behind the battery with a heat shield

i got it off amazon of all places, everywhere was sold out
the cone goes down behind the fog light, i've removed my fogs as 1 was broken and it wouldnt fit them with this splitter i've got on, think it lots darker without the fogs anyway so dont miss them.
people have them behind the battery for winter to stop sucking water up into the engine, the good thing about this kit (i think like many) is you can have it long in summer to avoid heat soak and short in winter

astra02 said:
i got it off amazon of all places, everywhere was sold out
the cone goes down behind the fog light, i've removed my fogs as 1 was broken and it wouldnt fit them with this splitter i've got on, think it lots darker without the fogs anyway so dont miss them.
people have them behind the battery for winter to stop sucking water up into the engine, the good thing about this kit (i think like many) is you can have it long in summer to avoid heat soak and short in winter
Does it have a specific name? Yeh I want 1 that can be converted to short for winter and long for summer ;-)