What's new

Intermittent juddering

skinnyman

Members
Reaction score
Car
2006 2.4 Type S
Howdy folks,

Right, random issue popped up a few days ago. The day judders/stutters slightly, both when accelerating and when coming off the throttle. Mainly happens in 2nd & 3rd gear, and mostly when the car is first fired up, once warmed up it seems to go away. Also, it's intermittent, doesn't always occur.

Not sure if it's anything to do with it, but a while back the car went into limp mode and the error code was for the throttle position sensor. I took the car out for a spirited drive and the dash lights went away and the car has been fine every since, not sure it the current issue will have anything to do with this.

Any ideas?

A failing accelerator pedal position sensor will cause this actually.

What year and model is your car?

Hi Chris, I had the exact same problem. Was corrected by new sensors on accelerator and throttle. Hope you get it sorted.

I took the connection off to clean it, but it looked brand new in there. Cleaned it out best I could anyway, and also tightened the slack on the cable, seems to have cured the problem, for now.

Although when it was happening it seemed to be more so on cold/damp mornings, so the change in weather has probably had more of an effect than anything.

what sensor did u clean out of interest? As in where is it located? I wouldnt mind cleaning mine as mine also does this sometimes...!

In the first link about, there is an electrical connector on the side of the throttle ***embly (no. 2) I cleaned this.

It's come back again tonight, now the weather has dropped cold again. It only does it when the engine is cold, and only 2nd and 3rd,other gears seem fine and it stops when the car is warm, as soon as the temp gauge reaches the middle the problem stops. Worth cleaning out the throttle housing?

Also, for the throttle ***embly, can the sensor be purchased seperately rather than replacing the whole lot? Don't fancy the £200+ bill

skinnyman said:
Also, for the throttle ***embly, can the sensor be purchased seperately rather than replacing the whole lot? Don't fancy the £200+ bill
if you're buying new from a dealer, they can only get anything as per the parts in the links (those links take you to Honda parts diagrams that are conveniently put online by one particular dealer)

Otherwise, you might get sub-parts from a breaker's, or get a complete used part and split yourself

Hi all

Seems like like i"m getting the same Juddering on my 2006 2.2ctdi

Is this a must get fixed straight away job? As i'm heading off to France in 3 days.

Cheers

Are you also getting any vsa lights? If not then it's more likely to be a sticking EGR valve.

Drop me a line if you're interested in a permanent EGR off solution. The service also includes full diagnostics.

Impossible to say mate, but if there are no warning lights then it probably hasn't become a big enough issue yet. But from my experience, this juddering is nearly always the EGR valve.

If you're off on your hols, then just go and address it on your return. If you have the time before you go, book it in with me for a diagnostic session.

Enjoy your hols mate. I'm in Cannes myself next week for a couple of days.

I've just had the car at the Dealers and the say the Inner cv Joints are either seized or worn. This will cost over £700 to fix!

So this judder is more of a vibration that you can feel through the wheels and steering wheel?