What's new

It's official, you CAN remap a 2003 Accod 2.4 Type S!

Got the PDF now guys, I think there's some testing taking place next week and I'll let you know ;)

On the subject of Typhoon kits, they do make the power. But bear in mind that a Typhoon + Remap won't make much more power than just a remap on its own. It's not a linear maths equation where 5+16 gives you 21. Its the combination of mods that will give you a total figure, and again there is only a limited power reserve any tuner can tap in to... Ultimately it will depend on the type of fuel in the car, ambient temps, quality of filters etc and of course how good the remap itself is that will determine the results.

These type of topics tend to end up in mass debate as it can get quite serious. My view is simple. It should be treated as a bit of fun, and any decent gain, be that 15bhp or whatever should just be enjoyed and not nitpicked at.

There's plenty of forums out there dedicaated to serious tuning, and for that you need a serious car with serious modifications.

Hey guys, being an 03 type s owner, this thread has just put a huge smile on my face :-D
Fahad, keeps up to date as per progress and pricing mate, will start saving now B-)

Hey guys, being an 03 type s owner, this thread has just put a huge smile on my face :-D
Fahad, keeps up to date as per progress and pricing mate, will start saving now B-)

As an 04 type-s tourer owner, in Ireland, this is just getting better Ballymena is about 2 hours away B)

Steve, we will have to see if Fahad will do Buy one get one free offer on this :lol: Keep us posted as we wait with grins on our faces B)

Yeah BOGOF or should that be Bog OFF!! :lol:

Will let you know chaps. My bro is first on the list and already very excited.

Steve, we will have to see if Fahad will do Buy one get one free offer on this :lol: Keep us posted as we wait with grins on our faces B)
Yeah, you buy & I will settle for the freebie;)

Steve - watch this space, this is the clarification I was waiting for as a part of me knew this could be done, it just needed someone to persevere to find the right way for the Piasini tool to communicate with the ECU. It would seem that Piasini themselves didn't know their tool could talk to the early K24 ECU's so hats of the guy in Ireland who persevered and sussed it.

We'll get in touch with Piasini this week and seek clarification on what pins we need to use for read/flash... and hopefully get my brother's done very soon now.

Tuning the K series is nothing new for us, just talking to these early ECU's is.

once you suss it out I'd like mine done. I'm sick of the vtec lag.

Just been reading this thread,great results and great news for other owners. So had a browse on their website and they list an ecu modification for my 2.2 ATR????....which would be an odb2b ecu.....which cant be done????

Any news on this F6had? You cracked your brothers K24 yet?

Haven't even had a chance mate! It's do-able, dave from Elite has already confirmed but I've just not been able to coordinate a time when me, my brothers car and dave have been free for a few hours to get on with it. And i'm off to Pakistan on Christmas day for a few weeks so been busy trying to wind things down before i head off.

sorry guys, i will come back to you on it in Jan - unless i can get my brother to remove his ECU himself and take it over while i'm away.

No rush man, I just no things had gone quiet on this front and wondered where we were at. I doubt I could afford it as I have a couple of slightly more pressing things to deal with in the first half 2013, such as rotting alloys and rotting exhaust :lol: . But once they're done, it will be game on for the map. Unless the price is right, then I could always get it done earlier ;) .

just bumping this thread because IMO it's important, found it from a link in "that" other thread http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/12082-facelift-ecu-in-pre-facelift/page__st__90

maybe PIN this as it's sunk down into the back of beyond in "modifying" fgs (or where the heck was it before threads got moved around)

Yes, well I've just found out for certain Piasini have the necessaries to do a Pre Facelift K24. So all will come good in the end. You've just got to find a tuner who you trust and who can do it ;) .