What's new

K&N Typhoon Induction system install

This kit has been modified and is now fitted to his CL7 EuroR

Can't remember but they're widely available just search ebay and Google.

It's a serious piece of kit

Blong91 said:
Ebay has these starting at around £330 + :(
Personally i think it's way overpriced for the kit you get. Possible to create an intake yourself? Buy some alloy pipe and add an universal k&n filter to it. Much cheaper and performs just as good.

Nasty1984 said:
Personally i think it's way overpriced for the kit you get. Possible to create an intake yourself? Buy some alloy pipe and add an universal k&n filter to it. Much cheaper and performs just as good.
Been looking at the cheaper AEM intake but its not a long-arm one going down to the bumper

F6HAD said:
No I would say it definitely makes all the difference. His car is very healthy and he only runs on V Power (and that does help with power gains), but the car is otherwise totally stock except the Typhoon with CAI.

We had other petrol cars running yesterday and for example an 11 year old 1.8 vtec 6th gen which was about 10bhp down from factory figures (to be expected with the age and miles and his slightly leaky exhaust) so we know the figures are right. We didn't have time to put the stock airbox back in and run it but K24's tend to make a few BHP over the Honda quoted 188bhp anyway.

I've had an Accord type R and honestly speaking, this K24 doesn't feel much different now with the Typhoon. I was a real sceptic myself about how good the Typhoon would be, but I'm convinced - it works and delivers gains.

Also worth noting that we had a massive fan blowing cool air right at the front of the car and that must have helped with the CAI system but the power is definitely very real.
Fahad I know this is going waaay back, but would you say you felt the gains over the entire rev range, and it definitly didn't lose anything on the bottom end?
Cheers

No it definitely gained at the bottom end,
And made the vtec engagement much more noticeable. Make sure you have a proper typhoon with long Ram, that makes all the difference.

Thats good to know, because ive had the reflash so recently too im second guessing.
But yes I have a long ram (DIY) same sort of thing as steves set up, with the K@N filter in place of the resonator, same as typhoon kit.
So it should in theory perform very similar.
Cheers