What's new

Key doesnt unlock the car

Lacozcorby

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 i-DTEC
Hi guys, just changed the battery in my key..well i have got only one and somehow the door lock doesnt turn...and after the battery change the key doesnt unlock the car......any advise please

Lacozcorby said:
Hi guys, just changed the battery in my key..well i have got only one and somehow the door lock doesnt turn...and after the battery change the key doesnt unlock the car......any advise please
Does indicator on keyfob blinks as you press unlock/lock?
e876ef0930df8031e678e884be8a0b6e.jpg

Sent from my m2 note using Tapatalk

Nope i got int9 the car with a coat hanger lol, now i can start the car and it drives but the key fob still doesnt remotely lock or unlock the car and the indivators are flashing

Ok so newest update:

Car is opened, cant close it as i will have to again open it with coat hanger and i really dont want to go through this procesure again lol...

Anyway, i have got 2 keys with transponders so 2 keys what will start the car, only one which is remote, this doesnt work....i looked up on internet couple of ways how to program the key but none works...so when the car is left open, i can start it(indicators will flash couple of seconds and then will go off) and drive....just cant lock it as the door lock doesnt turn and fob doesnt work....if i wont find a way how to re-learn my original key for the car i will have to go honda dealer monday

There is a way to re learn I don't have article on me its on work pc if no one has pm me and I will send to you

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

The key should open the door even if the cars battery is removed and can't see how changing the keys battery would stop you doing that :wacko: .

Have you tried disconnecting the cars battery for a while and reconnecting it to see if it resets?

Tried possibly 10 seconds....but no luck....maybe the mcu unit on fault?

Had a chat with guys in honda dealership in kettering....they say it will be the alarm siren battery gone flat...need to drive the car for long time to recharge it...if it wont help needs a new siren....quoted £800 just for the part...going to find out where is the siren located and what voltage the battery should provide and i think its maplin time....

massively overpriced for a alarm siren....that is just a part, obviously they would want extra for replacement...going to maplin tomorrow....they have 3.6v batteries, I will get 2 and connect them in serial to create 7.2v what is what the siren needs...going to take the old battery our and replace with new ones...will post some pictures while doing it so maybe it will help somebody in future...wont be a hard job I believe done the same on Audi TT, the only difference was that the TT was not fussed about the siren not working...my car developed numerous problems since this happened....also one thing to mention, last week was the first week sicne I own the car when i did not use it every day, just twice for a short town run...I believe this was also a contributor to the battery pack in the siren to discharge fully.....had the car on for 2 hours idling in work to try and charge it back up but without luck = needs new battery pack....another thing to mention, my alarm light is constantly flashing even while i am driving, also the hand break light is constantly on....apparently all symptoms of a battery pack in siren being bad....

You don't need a coat-hanger to open the car, just use the key in the door lock.

Note that the alarm system on these cars is entirely separate from the immobiliser. If you can start the engine with the key in the ignition then the key has the correct chip for the immobiliser and so you have the correct key for the door.

But the alarm system is always set when you lock the car, and the only way to un-set the alarm on these cars is by using the remote. If the remote is transmitting but does not open the car, then the system in the car has forgotten the code in the transmitter and needs to re-learn it.

If the siren does not go off when the door is opened without using the remote, then the batteries in the siren are flat, and there isn't really a need to replace the batteries in the siren unless you expect some drunk to break in and sleep in the car overnight.

Anyway, the siren tales 3 x 2.4V cells, see this guide from February to replace them

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/21098-alarm-keeps-going-off-but-no-indicators-flashing-no-immobiliser/?p=226518

Yep, thank you....i have changed the batteries in the siren, the old ones were dead so changed them, just to be on the safe side....i believe my problem is with the actuall remote....the little light on the key lights up when any button is pressed....but somehow i think it doesnt send any signals...maybe a bit of static electricity while i was changing the battery or maving the insides of the key to a new one...also i cant get to key programming mode of the car....which tells me again it probably doesnt transmit any signal....so i have ordered a new remote....will try it wil this one and will report :)

You will need to program new remote or use hds to program

yep, exactly, I believe that I cant get into the program mode because the key doesnt transmit...

You can buy a key transmitter off ebay for cheap and program if you suspect your one

yep :) should be coming today or tomorrow, well, or Monday or Tuesday next week, depending on how big is the backlog of Royal Mail :)

Update: received the insides of the original key today, £21 on ebay...went into programming mode at the first time, programmed the key at the first attempt and i can happily report that its working and i can finally lock and unlock the car with the key and the alarm is off :D