What's new

Knocking from front under load

Fiddy

Members
Reaction score
Car
CL9 Type S
Hi everyone.

Ive developed a knocking sound when under load, it's noticeable on firmer gear changers and when the car is on full thottle. When driving normally and around town, you would not know.

It's a 2004 K24 Accord CL9 Type S. It's lowered on Eibach springs. The car has only done 56k

Does anyone have any thought?

I wouldn't say it's a metallic noise like a rattling exhaust more like a thud.

Thanks Matt

Engine mount, drop link, exhaust hitting body.. Could be anything. Get it on a ramp and checked

Going on Saturday the 12th. I'm dreading it being the inner cv joint as just bought a set of Volks for it so not the richest man ever haha

Unfortunately this isn't cured.

I'm now lost.

I had the car checked over again yesterday and no apparent issues however there is a smalll amount of play in the inner joints on the shafts.
The reason I'm trying to avoid replacing the shafts is that whenever I hear it's been them it is always come with a vibration through the steering. However I do not have this at all.

Only a Knock under load from about 2000-4000rpm. Coasting it doesn't happen either. If I pull away from a junction and the wheel spins slightly then it does make the noise to. It does not make any noise on uneven surfaces so I can't imagine it's suspension related.

Please any help would be greatfull

Thanks Matt

I think like F6HAD mentioned maybe get it on a ramp check the engine mounts since you mentioned "it's noticeable on firmer gear changers"
And wishbone bushes, arb bushes etc etc......

Get your mechanic to go out for a drive and recreate the sound.

Does it do it on down shifts too?

Aftermarket exhaust? Where does the noise seem to be coming from.

Completely standard bar eibach springs.

The noise definateltly seems to be coming from shaft location. But as we all know noise can travel