What's new

L.E.D. Sidelights

I think LEDs are too good actually and producent is trying to make them weak to just have more profit :)

I did notice that the fit of the L.E.Ds I used was quite loose in don't instances, which varied from unit to unit. This resulted in the loose L.E.D going out. In the end, I fit the tightest units I had and but had to resort to using a thin strip of tape wrapped tightly around the base of the L.E.D to prevent movement.

Been several months now and no issues.

On another note, I also tried to replace my taillights with L.E.Ds. couldn't get them to work at all so gave up.

J_VTEC said:
I did notice that the fit of the L.E.Ds I used was quite loose in don't instances, which varied from unit to unit. This resulted in the loose L.E.D going out. In the end, I fit the tightest units I had and but had to resort to using a thin strip of tape wrapped tightly around the base of the L.E.D to prevent movement.

Been several months now and no issues.

On another note, I also tried to replace my taillights with L.E.Ds. couldn't get them to work at all so gave up.
My tail lights work fine with LEDS,

my NS side light LED keeps failing, either flickering or completely failing. The O/s side light has been in for a year no problems, now ive just bought another type of LED side light, if this fails i'm changin back to halogens!

I exchanged the side lights to LEDs/SMDs as I have Xenon Headlights and LED-Running Lights, so the Sidelights had to be "whiter" than the normal ones.

The first ones didn't work well and flickered, the next ones worked and are still in and fine :)

Buy a couple of different ones cheapest on ebay and try, these are are the same ones as interior lighting as I remember right so you can swop around.