What's new

Malfunction Indicator Light

Max10

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Diesel
Just wanted some advice, got a Honda Accord CDTI, 2005, 80k on the clock.

My wife was driving the car this evening and she noticed the car speed slow down and the Malfunction indicator Light appear. Never happened before.

I managed to get rid of the light by turning engine on and off within 30 seconds as advised in the car manual.

The mechanic I normally use is on holiday, just wanted some advice in terms what I should do, the indicator light is not on any more.

If the light hasn't come back then the fault seems to have resolved itself. However for peace of mind you could get the fault code read as it will have logged it in the ecu.

Take out the guesswork and have the fault code read, we can then advise.

As the the light had cleared from dashboard and car driving normal speed, my mechanic was busy after his holiday and advised me to come back only if the light reappears? He feels it may be something to do with some soot build up, and will clear itself. I will keep an eye on the car but not to sure when fuel filter was changed? Sept 2012 or Sept 2011.

This might be an early warning sign of something and i would get the code read.This will give you the problem and you can sort it before it happens again if it does.
Do you no when the car had a full service including the FF if not get this done with Genuine parts for piece of mind.