What's new

Master window switch - part numbers compatibility

Trawa

Reaction score
Car
CU2 Modulo 6MT
So my master switch decided to die today (drivers side window rolls down and stays down regardless of switch position, replaced with a known good switch and all is working) and I need to find a replacement. Does anyone know what part number will work with Executive trim? The broken one is 35750-TL0-E21-M1 but I can only find E22-M1 or E11-M1 for sale. Is it just a revision number? I heard that a module from a lower trim version (ES, ES GT) won't support certain things like dipping side mirror and it will only show up once the car is connected up to HDS (@F6HAD might have an idea?)

Hey if I’m understanding correctly, you just need the drivers side window switches, yeah? You can get the part from Japan. No. 6 on this diagram and highlighted green. It’s expensive and you may have to pay import duty and VAT too. I’ve bought stuff from Amayama multiple times and they’ve been great so far, with much better pricing than UK & Europe, and pretty quick delivery too.

Your other option would be breakers.

I'm looking at breakers and ebay parts. EPC shows the part number should be 35750-TL0-G21 so I'm wondering if the 3rd part of it matters or if it's a revision or something.

Sometimes they can be revisions, or indicate a left from right side part, and sometimes who knows. Hondas numbering system can occasionally be weird. However, I’m pretty sure that in this case E21 indicates the right hand drive part, whereas G21 is for left hand drive.

E.g. my car is a 2008 EX right hand drive CW2 and the part number is 35750TLOE21 as can be seen here (#6).

However for the same car but left hand drive the part number is 35750TL0G21 as can be seen here (#6).

Interestingly if you were to buy this new from Honda in the UK you’d pay over £400. Whereas buying from Amayama in Japan, even if import and VAT were applied (probably about 23% of total cost on top) it would be about £215. Quite the markup by Honda UK.

Did some more research and it appears that the above is correct, E is RHD and G is LHD and the number is a revision - most likely pre and post facelift as my 2009 is E21 and part from a 2012 CW3 is E22.