What's new

meguiars g220....

mohammed

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
accord icdti
after reading hours upon hours about the da polishers and rotary polishers i decided to go for the meg g220 da polisher(one reason being im complete novice, never used one or even held one)as it is fool proof,and i cant burn the paint.....
DSC00379.jpg

the box this little box came in was massive,very well protected
DSC00380.jpg

then inside a very nice and neat carry case....

iv ordered the meg's pads,swirlX and nxt wax so still waing for them, so untill then no polishing..... :lol: cant wait to get started...lol

has anyone else used the g220 or any da...any pointers guys...???

mo....

nice keep us posted on the progress mate

oft, i bet that wasnt cheap! Get some pics up when you've had a good go with it
cool-smiley-012.gif

Mo, excellent stuff mate.

Make sure you take lots of step by step pics.. how much did that set you back mate? I'm really interested in getting to grips with stuff myself.

Sufian, that's great! I will have to second Fahads post as I too would love to polish my car in this way with the proper kit :)

thanks guys, since been reading alot about detailing cars have got really into it,the g220 polisher i purchased from meguiars uk direct(they really nice bunch of guys too)i joined their forum and read about how to use it properly,(video demo's too)they item arrived within 3days of ordering it. the polisher coast 119.00(123.00including p&p)but thats only for the machine,i later ordered 2pads from eBay:polishing pad(the yellow one)for 10.00,a finishing pad(the black one)for 10.00,pack of 3microfiber cloths(really thick meguairs one)15.00,swirlX for 10.00,ultimate compound for 10.00,and ill prob be purchasing their nxt liquid was and clay kit from halford since the got offer on(35.00) so another 90.00,so 210.00 for the lot.... it may seem like alot of money to spend on car cleaning equipment guys, but we spend alot of money taking care or styling our cars,so we should take car of the paint work too(honda paintwork very fragile) so really good buy in my book guys,also this kit has been getting alot of attention from my work colleagues(who drive Aston martins and Ferrari's, but neglect cleaning them :( ) and friends who also want their cars done properly(even for a decent price for the hard work...lol) so maybe a future in there too.lol, but first i need to get to grips with the polisher lads , but ill defo keep you guys posted every step of the way, maybe even a full write up..lol..thanks for the comment guys...mo... ;) :D :)

been looking at that polisher myself but funds don't allow at the mow. Looking forward to the write up and pictures

Mo, did this come with any instruction booklet/guides on how to polish using this machine?

sorry bro none at all, but you can join their forum meguairs uk and there is plenty of videos sowing you everythin from the fisrt stages of cleaning your car,using the machine and even after car,good thing is they even tell you what product you can use each step of the way........ :rolleyes: you gonna one j4jav..???(get one...lol)

I'm thinking about it Mo... have you got a link to their forum mate? thanks

here we go bro....... http://forum.meguiars.co.uk/ any questions on detailing bro ask dom terry really helpfull guy, seems to know his stuff..... but you can order straight through them....(dont think buy bro...lol))) it will make you :unsure: :unsure:

a few tips i got told for using a DA:-

1) Mark you back plate with a marker pen (quarter inch line) and you want to see the mark come round every 1 second (this will help you to gauge how much pressure to use)
2) You want to be moving the DA about a inch a second to generate enough heat and break down the polish.
3) Apply the polish to a slightly misted pad as applying it directly to the car can cause a very messy out come! A good speed to start at is 3 and work the polish for at least 2-3 min then work your way up.
4) Tape off all Black plastic trim and anything that could be marked by polish or the machine
5) Be very careful around the edges and corners of the car as not much paint is found in these regions and you can cut through very easily.
6) A DA is a good place to start but use with caution as these things can oscillate up to 6000 times a minute, as on the speed settings 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 refers to how many Oscillations per minute.

Any more i can help you just let me know

Jamie S

got mine from cleanyourcar.co.uk fogot what i payd for it but they are a good piece of kit! i want to go a step up though now and get a rotory.

its not the machine costs, its buying decent backing plates and pads that breaks the bank.