What's new

Mini Brake Service

Hamid92

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Type S
Hi guys

So as most of you know I had bremtech discs and ferodo ds2500 pads fitted all round in December 2012.

After driving for approx 25000/30000 miles in a very fast road use kind of way (go for drives in the country side twice or three times a week) I need to replace.

Now you might be thinking wow thats lasted long but wait it gets better...

...After having them inspected I need to replace:

1) Front Pads

and that is all :)!

The rear discs and pads are great and the front discs again are great just the pads have worn down so getting another set of them for next week. I can't believe after all of that driving they are fine apart from front pads.

Anyways I thought this would be a good time to have a mini Brake Service and need some advice. I am changing the brake fluid when the pads get changed and am ***uming anything dot4 with a high boiling point is good?

And also I am going to fit some braided brake hoses. My brake hoses now have never been changed and I am coming up to 95k miles so thinking of changing but do not know what to get or where to get it from.

The brands I have seen are:
1) Tarox
2) Hel
3) Goodrige
4) Black Diamond

I have heard of hel lines breaking early? Anyone can recommend any and where to buy from. I see goodrige lines on demon tweaks for only £30 and hel on another site for £75?

Thanks all and if you want amazing performing brakes that last get the above :).

Hamid mate I would stick with genuin Honda fluid from HH for a good price.
As for braded hoses I was looking for my car about 6 months ago but dident have any joy.
I'm sure most company's make them for the 7th gen but have no reveiws on them

I will be ordering later today from HH thanks for the heads up mate.

I have spoken to Andy at Vtec direct and he used HEL lines on his race cars. Going to see if he will do them with the pads at a good price. Spent too much recently and the dreaded tax runs out this week -.- why does tax years go quicker than real life years!

I used hel lines but mine broke on driver side, and I found out it was scraping with the wheel rim, I don't know why, so it's not the quality of it wrong, now I replace an other hel line.