What's new

MPG Trouble

Had a good run to Skeggy and back to Lincoln this morning and achieved 43mpg with two passengers, me and a porky dog. Thanks for the help folks, very pleased with that :)

I find my accord is much better on a proper road trip as well.

I need to replace the 02 Sensor for my Accord as I'm getting an A/F ratio error code (P1157 I believe). Can you guys tell me which one to get (preferably a link) as Honda in Sweden charge almost £200 for an OEM one so that's not a valid option imho.

ERausner said:
I need to replace the 02 Sensor for my Accord as I'm getting an A/F ratio error code (P1157 I believe). Can you guys tell me which one to get (preferably a link) as Honda in Sweden charge almost £200 for an OEM one so that's not a valid option imho.
Also I get about 23mpg on the highway doing about 75mph - Isn't that really bad? I only commute on the highway so that's my average..

23mpg is bad, you should be getting minimum 30mpg, 35mpg at best, some people get upto 39mpg on a good run.

As for o2 sensor, you need to get an NGK/NTK o2 sensor, have a look at their catalogue online, majority of others do not work and you will be wasting your money, sometimes its better to just buy original as its guaranteed to work and last and you won't end up spending twice.

exec said:
23mpg is bad, you should be getting minimum 30mpg, 35mpg at best, some people get upto 39mpg on a good run.

As for o2 sensor, you need to get an NGK/NTK o2 sensor, have a look at their catalogue online, majority of others do not work and you will be wasting your money, sometimes its better to just buy original as its guaranteed to work and last and you won't end up spending twice.
Are there 2 o2 sensors on the F20B6? Both a Regulating and a Diagnosing sensor? Any way to check which one is bad? Seems unnecessary (and expensive) to buy both.

There is two indeed, one on the catalytic converter and the other is in the manifold. If they are bad then generally you will get the EML come, if the cat has packed in they will destroy the sensors too, if they are worn then your fuel consumption would have dropped then what it should be.

I have a faulty one on my CC ever since the cat got stolen and the original got cut off an dtaken along with it, I bought one from ebay genuine and the EML came back after a few months, but the replacement cat is of poor quality, put a second hand one on and same thing, but havent noticed any real difference in MPG, although I don't do enough miles to notice it adequately.

Alright,

Just want to find out which one of the O2 sensors are bad. Got a EML light and will check the code tomorrow. Any easy way of telling? Want to buy the right one and not replace both if one works..

The OBD2 readers tell you which one it is, e.g. bank 1 or bank 2

Yeh it is Denso, I bought OEM one after my cat got stolen and it was denso branded, it stopped working after around 5 months.