What's new

MTF change DIY

Rinesh

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4 Executive
Guys,
Is there a DIY MTF change on the petrol versions (2.4)? Could not find one, i only see DIY for the ATF and I-CDTI Accords.
Next week im planning to change the MTF and a DIY would be very helpfull.

Hi mate, I done my 2.0 the other week and i'd say they are the same. It is easy enough to do, if you look to the left side of the airbox there is a small bolt with a square on it. I used a 3/8" socket for this, although you might be able use a 3/8" ratchet with no socket on it for this. It is easier if you remove your battery btw. To fill it up just take that bolt out and get in there with a funnel.

To drain the oil get under the car and look at the right side of the gearbox, there is another bolt here (can't remember the size, maybe 14 or 15mm). Remove that and the oil will drain out. Think you stick 2.2 litres in, made a good difference to my gear changes.

you need a pump device too to get the oil back in, unless you can defy the laws of gravity.

:p

toffee_pie said:
you need a pump device too to get the oil back in, unless you can defy the laws of gravity.

:p
Actually there's a bolt on the top of the gearbox that you can use to fill it. But you'll need a funnel and a piece of hose. Much easy to fill that through the inspection hole.

There's a DIY on it here somewhere! But it's very easy.

Jason right, on the diesel you have a top filler and a bolt on the side which indicates when the gearbox is full. ***uming same principle for the petrol. Tell you what my owners pack gave detailed instructions on how to do this. Was impressed with it :)

jayok said:
Actually there's a bolt on the top of the gearbox that you can use to fill it. But you'll need a funnel and a piece of hose. Much easy to fill that through the inspection hole.

There's a DIY on it here somewhere! But it's very easy.
I ***ume you mean the bolt left to the airbox which stevie is pointing..